DICE PACKS BUNDLE

5E Manager Characters Issue

I created a module for character info using the PAR5E app. The mod works fine when in the campaign, but when I try to Manage Characters, I don't see the module to activate or use it.

Thanks,

Dave.

Only modules which are player visible by default are available in Manage Characters mode. A module can actually be built internally to specify whether it is a GM module (hidden from players by default) (db.xml) or a player module (common.xml or client.xml). This feature can be overridden by the GM, but only while connected to a GM campaign.

You can open the module by renaming to end in .zip, renaming the internal file from db.xml to common.xml, and renaming the module back to the original name.

There might be an option in Par5E as well. If not, ask for it.

Regards,
    JPG

Great, thanks!

Blog Entries
    I originally included an option for specifying client.xml/db.xml or common.xml for output from PAR5E however I thought FG v3 did away with module types and assumed all modules were now accessible by GM and Players. Guess I got that wrong.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

FG3 uses the db vs client/common to set the default viewership, which can be overridden by GM. Side effect is GM modules (db.xml) are not viewable in local mode.

Otherwise, GMs would constantly have to disallow their GM modules in every campaign, or they would all show up in player module list.

It was either that or add a GM flag in definition.xml; and this approach had better backward compatibility.

Cheers,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Hmm, I guess I'll have to re-introduce the option to change between db, client and common then for continued flexibility. Cheers for the update.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thread Information