DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I am right now playing Call of Cthulhu and 4E. I cant get the Parser to work with DDI since my account is new and works off a username and not an email so all the parsing is done by hand which has made it more then cumbersome. Ive considered 5th edition but I dont have a group for 5E. I avoid 3 and 3.5 like its a plague. I agree with Damned. I think its getting plenty of play just not openly looking for players or being advertised as a running game

I'd *love* to find a 4e game with an opening. While I like 5e so far, 4e is still my fave.

I ran 3.5E games for years and then dove into 4E and I thought the 4E combat was twice as fast as 3.5E. Is the 5E really faster than 4E?

I've found 5E to be much faster than 4E, particularly at higher levels. The problem with paragon or higher 4E is there were too many reactions - reaction on reaction on reaction on reaction - to the point the original character would try to do a reaction because he had forgotten it *was* his turn. Even at low level it was easy to get several reactions.

Going back to a just a move/attack sequence with a limit of just one bonus action per character a round really does speed things up. Your not so dependent for an encounter map as well for the push, pull, slides etc so for a simple encounter you don't even really need a map.
    Last edited by Griogre; March 13th, 2015 at 21:29.

I really enjoyed the facing rules in the Unearthed Arcana in 3.5. I liked the 3.5 gameplay a bunch, and the character customization was way cool.

My suggestion would be to try or at least read the rule for 5E, the Basic rules are free. There is a lot of "stealth" 4E in the 5E rules. The bounded accuracy is interesting and effectively you get into something like a paragon path at second level. That's the good.

The bad is the classes are not as well balanced against each other as in 4E and 1st level characters are really fragile. I have not run higher level 5E but it's likely not as risky as 4E since healing spells are mostly dailies, so there is good healing burst instead of 4E's more limited mostly encounter healing.

5E is written to be more modular, rules wise so it's easy to add house rules. The only thing you really need to watch is giving out a lot of pluses or minuses because the bounded accuracy really multiples the value of them far more than 3.x or 4E. Magic is not required at all for characters to be able to hit or keep up in damage.

That is interesting. I never minded allowing house rules, but I told my players (who frequently wanted a new rule) that I got to use them with my NPC's and monsters, too. That usually cooled their jets.

5E!!! and FATE: Core!!!

Let the edition brawl begin!!!

Thread Information