DICE PACKS BUNDLE

new player looking for a group

nevermind, leaving due to pathfinder society bullshit rules
    Last edited by chaosargen; April 27th, 2014 at 02:50.

Blog Entries

Alright @Chaosargen - you arrived just in time - go check out FG Con and get a taste for the awesome goodness that is Pathfinder on Fantasy Grounds.
    There are 20 sessions of Pathfinder Society running and there is a 3 part (3 sessions Thursday/Friday/Saturday) of D&D3.5 playing the Oriental Adventures themed Massacre of Kakunodate!

There are stacks of other games too.
    https://www.fg-con.com/events

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosargen View Post
    Hmm, well, there's a lot more going on than just the Pathfinder Society type of games. But... hope you find something somewhere else. As a clue, there's a whole whack of other system dedicated forums here... and you are better off approaching DMs who state they are recruiting than waiting for someone to contact you.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by chaosargen View Post
    Just to be very clear - Pathfinder Society is the global Paizo Organized Play living campaign, that is specifically designed for a multitude of players and GMs to play one-shot scenarios in a consistent environment. Because of its one-shot setup and the fact that different players and GMs might be playing from one game to the next means that it has to have rules otherwise it would be a complete shambles.

It is great for players and GMs who can't commit to a regular campaign at specific times as they can play one game, miss a few, play another with a different group, etc.. But, it is not for everyone.

Not all Pathfinder games on this forum are Pathfinder Society games - there is a difference. And, as JohnD says, there are plenty of other games systems being played...

Perhaps, as damned suggests, you look at some games that are being playing in 2 weeks time at FG Con IV - if you don't want to play Pathfinder Society then there are over 20 other events that you an play. Don't just limit yourself, try systems you haven't played before - get to know some of the FG GMs and players and this could help you get get to know some of the FG gaming community and get into an ongoing game that doesn't have "bullshit rules".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information