DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 12 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Golgorosh View Post
    Error message is : Ruleset Error: window: Control(contentanchor) anchoring to an undefined control (title) in windowclass (charselect_host)
    A contentanchor control has been added to this windowclass. It relies on the title control being present, but the Trail of Cthulhu ruleset deletes this windowtitlebar in the PC selection window.

It would be best for cscase to look at this so that the fix fits with the original design goal.

However, a quick fix is to comment out the <windowtitlebar name="title" merge="delete" /> code in the <windowclass name="charselect_host" merge="join"> in campaign\campaign_chars.xml in the Trail of Cthulhu ruleset. The same will have to be done for the title_main and title_local controls in <windowclass name="charselect_client" merge="join"> in the same file - comment out those 2 controls.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I assume Trenloe that it's something those who arent proficient with coding arent capable to do right ? Or can we ?

Steps to quickly apply this to your Trail of Cthulhu ruleset:

1. Start Fantasy Grounds and on the first screen press the "Open Data Folder" icon in the top right.
    2. This opens Windows explorer at the FG data folder. Go into the rulesets folder.
    3. Make a backup of the Trail of Cthulhu ruleset file TrailOfCthulhu.pak
    4. If all you can see is TrailOfCthulhu (i.e. no .pak on the end) then enable viewing of file extensions - if in Windows 8 click the view tab at the top and put a tick/check in "File Name Extensions".
    5. Rename TrailOfCthulhu.pak to TrailOfCthulhu.zip - i.e. change the extension of the file to .zip.
    6. Right click on the zip file and select "Extract All".
    7. When the files have been extracted you should see a new folder with some directories and some xml files. Open the campaign directory.
    8. Download the file attached at the end of this post and copy it to the campaign directory, overwrite the file that is already there.
    9. Go up one level to the rulesets\TrailOfCthulhu directory, press CTRL+A to select all of the files, right-click on one of the files (keeping all of them selected) and select Send to - Compressed (zip) folder.
    10. You'll end up with a .zip file, rename it to TrailOfCthulhu.pak.
    11. Copy TrailOfCthulhu.pak from the rulesets\TrailOfCthulhu directory (the one you've just modified) to the rulesets directory, overwrite the one that is already there.
    12. Load up your Trail of Cthulhu campaign and see if it works!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

OH MY GOD !!!

I love you Trenloe Works like a charm !!!

You've saved my Eternal Lies campaign

Glad I could help. Hope the PCs save the world!

Anyway thanks, it works for my fist time mastering

I just updated the ruleset pack for Trail of Cthulhu in the first post to include the fix.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I just updated the ruleset pack for Trail of Cthulhu in the first post to include the fix.
    Thanks. I'd considered doing that, but I was hoping that cscase would spot this and look to update it as it changes a bit of the GUI from the original design.

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I appreciate your help and diligence, Trenloe and Moon Wizard!

Thread Information