5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    Does the ruleset support the idea of dropping an "attack roll" on the target to see if you hit it (comparing it to Hit Threshold)?
    Just checked this. The answer is, "no."

You can drag PCs and NPCs to the Combat Tracker, and from there to a Battlemap (Image with layers turned on and a grid depicted). You can use the built-in CoreRPG targeting and facing features. But even when one character properly targets another, I couldn't get the roll (by any of the various means) to automatically apply to the target, much less factor in Hit Threshold (currently not appearing on the Combat Tracker).

Workaround for a Damage Roll: To provide for a damage roll, I added a new "skill" to the General Skills section that I labelled "DAMAGE" and left the Rating and Pool at 0. Dragging from or double clicking the Pool field will produce a properly-labelled "DAMAGE" roll in the Chat Window (which can be modified by Weapon and Armor modifiers, enterable in the "Modifiers" GM tool in the top right of the screen). This work around therefore enables you to conduct accurate Damage as well as To Hit (Skill) rolls. But you'll have to calculate for yourself whether To Hit rolls actually hit and manually apply any damage received.

Edit: Here is an image of a modifier set up for The Esoterrorists for use as I describe above.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; May 17th, 2018 at 21:50.

Good afternoon:
    I'm trying to translate the RULESET into spanish but I'm incapable of having the skills translated appear on the character sheet.
    I have modified the file "strings_toc.xml" but nothing happens. I tried to dive through all the files to see if the key was in the MANAGER ERA like in the COC RULESET but I have not been lucky. I have modified skills that appears in "campaigns/scripts/skillmanager" but only I could add new skills, so old in english remained in the sheet.
    Could anyone help me?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lobo404 View Post
    Good afternoon:
    I'm trying to translate the RULESET into spanish but I'm incapable of having the skills translated appear on the character sheet.
    I have modified the file "strings_toc.xml" but nothing happens. I tried to dive through all the files to see if the key was in the MANAGER ERA like in the COC RULESET but I have not been lucky. I have modified skills that appears in "campaigns/scripts/skillmanager" but only I could add new skills, so old in english remained in the sheet.
    Could anyone help me?
    Have you checked out the LPAK community project? Start there.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...roject-Program

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Have you checked out the LPAK community project? Start there.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...roject-Program
    Yes. I have made some translation before, but this ruleset is not in LPAK community.

Hi players, if you want to join a one shot adventure using this rule set for a session of Esoterrorists as part of FGDaze on Jan 19, you can sign up here!: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...358#post421358
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; January 9th, 2019 at 16:10.

Blog Entries
    Am I missing an update? I'm using the 2016 update by Damned. Every time I tried to update char sheet information in this tab I get the following errors.
    Ruleset Error: window: Control(buildpts) anchoring to an undefined control (weight) in windowclass (charsheet_personal)
    Ruleset Error: window: Control(buildpts) anchoring to an undefined control (weight) in windowclass (charsheet_personal)
    screenshot0278.png
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    Thank you, Damian!
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey Mask

No one has done much with this ruleset since then.
    Its most likely a change in CoreRPG that has caused this.
    You might look at this alternate - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...orking-ruleset
    And it’s a fine-looking ruleset too—check this out!:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post433502

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

I grabbed CoC as part of the FGU kickstarter, but haven't had a chance to look at it all that much. How does ToC differ from CoC?

Thread Information