DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 24 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    @dudeslife,

If you want to go that route, then you definitely need to check out Fat Dragon Games or World Works Games.

They have dungeon pieces you can cut out and piece together. Fat Dragon Games has even taken it a step further, and they have plans that you can plug into your 3D printer and print terrain similar to Dwarven Forge and Hirst Arts.

Boomer
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    @dudeslife,

If you want to go that route, then you definitely need to check out Fat Dragon Games or World Works Games.

They have dungeon pieces you can cut out and piece together. Fat Dragon Games has even taken it a step further, and they have plans that you can plug into your 3D printer and print terrain similar to Dwarven Forge and Hirst Arts.

Boomer
    I decided to get the CC3+, DD3, and Dungeons of Schley. Im working thru the Sweeny tutorials now, but they are really outdated. Some of the things he teaches are done automatically now.
    [ ☠ ] [Ultimate License][5e][ ☠ ]

Year, I noticed that from day one with my 2012 MBP. I bought it fully loaded CPU/gpu/memory and found that outside of mac is, the fan and heat is too much so I dropped buying parallels while back. Running FG is horribly hot too - wondering if this is the case due to constantly having discrete gpu "on" for it? Gonna find out eventually because waiting on next set of macbooks this fall to buy a really light one. I mainly code on it so I got the 15" and found I never play games so maybe NOT getting the discrete gpu will help on heat. But mainly I just want a lighter one. I can leave the original for home use and connected in my desktop "docking station"

I bought my wife an air at the start of summer, its only 13" but I may be happy with that size for commuting use unless an uber light 15" comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by dudeslife View Post
    Once I saw that I could peel open the wrapper and install DD3, it worked beautifully. I run FG in wine so for the sake of consistency I wanted to do CC3+ in wine also. I have Parallels 11 w/win10 but my Macbook Pro is 6 years old so Parallels and Wine keep my fan running 100% of the time.

Some of the things he teaches are done automatically now.
    That's interesting, I wasn't aware these were out of date. That's cool if there's new stuff being done. What's done automatically now?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That's interesting, I wasn't aware these were out of date. That's cool if there's new stuff being done. What's done automatically now?
    the whole outer island outlining, land to beach to water gradient look was done as soon as I drew the island. This is like his first two videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Year, I noticed that from day one with my 2012 MBP. I bought it fully loaded CPU/gpu/memory and found that outside of mac is, the fan and heat is too much so I dropped buying parallels while back. Running FG is horribly hot too - wondering if this is the case due to constantly having discrete gpu "on" for it? Gonna find out eventually because waiting on next set of macbooks this fall to buy a really light one. I mainly code on it so I got the 15" and found I never play games so maybe NOT getting the discrete gpu will help on heat. But mainly I just want a lighter one. I can leave the original for home use and connected in my desktop "docking station"

I bought my wife an air at the start of summer, its only 13" but I may be happy with that size for commuting use unless an uber light 15" comes out.
    The problem with the macbook pros is there hasn't been any "significant" power upgrade since mid 2010. I have been waiting for a power jump that justifies upgrading and it never comes. Even now, the chip in the mpbs is 3 year old technology. They are so late with skylake now, that if they put them in the new mbps, they will be once again be behind when Kabylake comes out at the end of the year. They need to keep the teapot designer away from the computers and get serious..

the whole outer island outlining, land to beach to water gradient look was done as soon as I drew the island. This is like his first two videos.
    That's cool. Please let us know if there are any other new features as you work through the videos.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

and just in case anyone is on the fence about Campaign Cartographer 3+ (I was for a long time), I watched all of the videos, read the manual, and churned this out in a few mins (nothing spectacular I know, but just to give you an idea of how it looks).

I watched all of the videos, read the manual, and churned this out in a few mins (nothing spectacular I know, but just to give you an idea of how it looks).
    Time well spent by the looks of it. Nice one!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post

Try turning off cross platform support in FG. This does a lot more screen redraws (I believe) and on some linux/mac computers it is not required.

Thread Information