5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 12 First 12345 ... Last
    Trenloe suggested I bring this up here, so here we go: I just released a new module for C&C with a bunch of races and classes, both using a whole lot of Abilities (skills). I created the module as a campaign in FG, then edited the XML into a normal module ala the PHB, etc. I released it, and immediately got feedback that opening the Abilities was causing a script error. Tren took a look, and said, "It looks like the Castles & Crusades ruleset changes the 'ability' windowclass to 'ref_ability' in 3.0.4 (in campaign\record_ability.xml). There have been a few C&C fixes in 3.0.4 so this might well be part of those. But, it does mean that this module will need to be updated once 3.0.4 goes live... '. SO I can make that change easily enough, but unless something is handled in either FG or the C&C ruleset, then I believe that all old modules created in in the FG app are going to break with the new release.

EDIT: I just confirmed that 3.0.4 breaks the Abilities attached to Races (and presumably Classes) in the PHB. This seems pretty much like a showstopper for C&C.

EDIT 2: I just confirmed that 3.0.4 breaks existing campaigns, in that when a campaign is opened in 3.0.4, none of the Abilities can be opened in existing character sheets.

The original discussion is over here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...pplement/page3
    Last edited by dr_venture; April 22nd, 2014 at 19:21.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

I just noticed this behavior while working on my exporter for Hero Lab.

Like Dr Venture said, easy enough to fix on my end, but sure makes things a tad difficult to maintain different versions of the converter.

BoomerET
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Updates

• [CnC] Reverted ability class rename.

I was attempting to consolidate window classes across rulesets to maximize re-use. Apparently, C&C was the only one to use the PC "ability" records directly, as opposed to linked from PC sheets. Change reverted, so the links should work again. Let me know.

JPG

Yippeee!! I don't have to maintain two versions of my code.

And you know how painful that can be if you don't use branches.

BoomerET
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

The fix looks good, Moon - thanks.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Found a problem - this might have been around for a while. Castles and Crusades, the "Ranged" to hit does not add in the adjustment in the "Misc" column.
    Attachment 6388

Really like the range showing on the targeting arrows, but I am getting some unexpected results in PFRPG ruleset. I've attached some examples.

Attachment 6391 Attachment 6392

Quote Originally Posted by GMTroll View Post
    Really like the range showing on the targeting arrows, but I am getting some unexpected results in PFRPG ruleset. I've attached some examples.

Attachment 6391 Attachment 6392
    Looks like it is going to the centre of the token. Do you see similar issues for medium (1 square size) creatures?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I just tried with targeting medium creatures and I am getting a similar issue, though it was hard to replicate.

Attachment 6393

Would be to do with the first square being a diagonal?

Thread Information