Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    I really would have liked to participate in the 3.5e sessions, but taking over a 10th level character in a combat heavy scenario doesn't sound to good. I like to get to know my character.

Do you guys think there will be any lower level DnD 3.5e sessions starting up?
    Help is good when asked for,
    better when needed.

It's dangerous to go it alone, here take this.

Full License Holder

Addition of 2 slots of Numenera on Thursday and Friday evenings.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Blog Entries
    Hi @SirChet - it is unlikely there will be many (if any) more games posted now as FG Con starts in 10 days time.
    Im not sure I totally follow your response - this is a Con - all sessions go for 2-5hours max. There are 2 sessions/events that have been posted that run over 2 or 3 sessions - Numenera which is 2 halves to the same story and I believe best to play in both halves and the Massacre of Kakunodate which is 3 sessions but you can play less than 3.
    No one *really* has time to bond with their characters - in many Con scenarios you wont even get to view your characters before the session starts as their may be important story enabling information which comes with the Character...
    Playing at FG Con gives you the chance to experience games and groups that you would not normally get a chance to, and if you are playing PFS you can get a few different scenarios completed in a single weekend.

I appreciate the response. I don't think I'll try any PFS this time, (still stinging from the whole elitist thing from last time).

Maybe I'll give being a Ronan a try, should be fun.
    Help is good when asked for,
    better when needed.

It's dangerous to go it alone, here take this.

Full License Holder

Blog Entries
    I am considering adding a Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG 0-level funnel, but none of the rulesets are really ideal for it. It would probably be a Friday night (GMT -4) game. No elitism, but it's an OSR-style game with lots of PC death (but you play 3-4 PCs each).

Edit: Submitted a game for Saturday night from 9:00-11:30 pm. Give it a try - it's kind of a mix of Original D&D and d20/3.5e.
    Last edited by leozelig; April 29th, 2014 at 12:15.

Blog Entries
    Nice one Leozelig. What ruleset are you going to use?
    I think this will be high on quite a few peoples list to have a crack at developing once the GUI Interface builder is available.

If it's any consolation Sirchet, the characters will be labelled according to class and primary build or type, for instance:

Andō Morinari - Samurai (Fighter, Melee)
    Akane - Shaman (Cleric, Healer)
    Hiro Testu - Hunter (Ranger, Archer)

Each character will also have a brief description of their abilities and background. Not knowing much about your characters is sort of the point imho. You can either invest in your chosen character for the short duration of the campaign, or you can consider it a disposable character that is easily replaced.

For most campaigns the characters take a central role in shaping the story and the world around them. Short campaigns have the opportunity for the story itself to take the stage and the characters to be secondary. With only 15 hours in the game, I'm not going to bother with EXP, there will be no level up, the characters will be built and geared to be above average, and encounters that for the most part are story oriented with little regard for CR. My friends and I often run short campaigns over holiday weekends and they exist as an opportunity for the GM and Players to 'cut loose' a bit using monsters and characters that under normal circumstances, any sensible GM would avoid like the plague.
    ..... now where is my hat?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Nice one Leozelig. What ruleset are you going to use?
    I think this will be high on quite a few peoples list to have a crack at developing once the GUI Interface builder is available.
    I booked it as CoreRPG, but I am considering using 3.5 and just reassigning ability score names... Wisdom = Personality and Charisma = Luck, or something like that. I think we will definitely see a ruleset for this when the GUI interface builder becomes available.

I wanted to offer an "old school" option to balance out all those Pathfinder games! The 0-level funnel system is great for a one-shot adventure... Each player brings four PCs, only a handful will survive the night

We will play The Portal Under the Stars...the adventure published in the rulebook. If you have played D&D before, you can play DCC RPG!
    Last edited by leozelig; May 3rd, 2014 at 06:13.

Would be very nice if there were non society Pathfinder games available. Not sure if things changed sense last I looked, or what, but it struck me as very odd that the only PF games were PFS...was that intentional?

Blog Entries
    Hey Fraust - PFS games suit a convention very well. They are scenarios designed to be played in one session and have a clear start and finish. The material is good and it cuts down on GM prep. There is no plan or design to not run Pathfinder but the GMs have all chosen to run PFS. FG Con also gets some sort of official status for running at least 15 PFS scenarios.
    Trenloe can probably answer the question more fully.

Thread Information