STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 30 First 1234513 ... Last

Thread: SW Maker

Awesome! Thank you! Inputting npc stats was always my least favorite part of translating pdfs into FG and this makes things so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by grapper View Post
    Awesome! Thank you! Inputting npc stats was always my least favorite part of translating pdfs into FG and this makes things so much easier.
    Do you mind sharing which PDF/source did you work with? I could include it into supported-list
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

This was from the Blood Legacy of Mars pdf.

Small update: SW NPC Maker_v0.8_build5.ext uploaded. This update makes the tool compatible with NPC statblocks that does not have attribute values. For instance ghost might not have Strength attribute value at all and in stat blocks they are usually annotated as: Strength: -
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Minor update: SW NPC Maker_v0.8_build6.ext
    • Armor Piercing values are supported
    • Bugfix: Gear weapon damage of STR was not accepted

Thread updated to match current status of Savage Worlds v4.0. New version uploaded

NPC Maker 0.9 build 1

New version is available and you download it from here. This update adds new feature to the tool: Name Maker. This is extemely simple tool which can "generate" names for host. This tool does not generate names from scratch, instead of a list of possible names are provided and this tool randomly picks one of them and shows it. At the moment this tool includes:
    • 983 fantasy female names
    • 1095 fantasy male names
    • 1218 moden male names
    • 4273 modern female names
    • 1003 modern family names
    • 327 monster names

This tool can be used to create different sets of names and at the moment it includes following premade name sets:
    • Fantasy male
    • Fantasy female
    • Modern male
    • Modern female
    • Monster

Each name set can be configured to generate combined names. For instance Modern male and Modern female name sets will both generate name which contains firstname and lastname. You can also alter what delimiter is used between two names (or even randomize it)

You can provide your own name set by creating simple extension. See attach SW NameMaker Sampler extension. To create own name set extension all you need to do is:
    • Provide list of names (or use pre-existing ones)
    • Register your new name set and configure how it produces names

Following example describes what SW NameMaker Sampler contains:

names_kalevala.lua file contains list of names
    Code:
    names = {
        "Ainikki",
        "Aino",
        "Antero",
        "Ilmarinen",
        "Ilmatar",
        "Joukahainen",
        "Kalervo",
        "Kaleva",
        "Kauko",
        "Kaukomieli",
        "Kullervo",
        "Kyllikki",
        "Lemminkäinen",
        "Lempi",
        "Louhi",
        "Luonnotar",
        "Marjatta",
        "Osmo",
        "Sampo",
        "Seppo",
        "Tellervo",
        "Ukko",
        "Untamo",
        "Vellamo",
        "Väinämöinen",
    }
    Note that each name list must be defined to be script. This was done in extension.xml file
    Code:
    <script name="KalevalaName" file="names_kalevala.lua" />
    And lastly name list was registered in launcher.lua file
    Code:
    NameMakerManager.registerNameList("Kalevala names", KalevalaName.names)
    Sampler also includes more complex name set called Gibberish. Its configuration is:
    Code:
    NameMakerManager.registerNameList("Gibberish", KalevalaName.names, GibberishName.gibberish1, {list = GibberishName.gibberish2, delimiter = " '-~"})
    This produces three-part name for you, where the first part is randomly picked from KalevalaName name list, then the second part is randomly picked up from GibberishName.gibberish1 name list (see names_gibberish.lua file. It contains two name lists). These two names are separated with whitespace. The last part of the name is randomly picked from GibberishName.gibberish2 name list (again see names_gibberish.lua) but instead of always using whitespace delimiter to separate it from second part, there is randomized delimiter which can be either ' or - or ~ or whitespace.

I am not anthropologist and I haven't researched how different culture names are created but if you have good ideas how to improvide this tool, please let me know and I can see if I can incorporate your idea into the tool.

Very interesting. I will give this a try tonight. I have been using Hero labs to build some NPCs, and maybe now I can import them into FG faster with this tool. I'll give it a try and let you know.

***Update***
    Yes, this is an awesome extension!!! I can now export Hero Lab stat blocks and import them into FG and make NPCs faster. Better yet, I can then DRAG and DROP the NPC to the character window and make him a character. This is now a better way to import Hero Labs into Fantasy grounds. They need to make this a UNIVERSAL extension so it works with the other rule sets. The only thing I noticed is that I needed to make the NPC a wild card BEFORE moving to the Character, otherwise I could not change into a Wild card there. Not a big deal, but something to note.

*****Attachment 8809
    Attachment 8810
    Last edited by heyhogan; January 22nd, 2015 at 02:43.
    Drat. Not Again.

Quote Originally Posted by heyhogan View Post
    Very interesting. I will give this a try tonight. I have been using Hero labs to build some NPCs, and maybe now I can import them into FG faster with this tool. I'll give it a try and let you know.

***Update***
    Yes, this is an awesome extension!!! I can now export Hero Lab stat blocks and import them into FG and make NPCs faster. Better yet, I can then DRAG and DROP the NPC to the character window and make him a character. This is now a better way to import Hero Labs into Fantasy grounds. They need to make this a UNIVERSAL extension so it works with the other rule sets. The only thing I noticed is that I needed to make the NPC a wild card BEFORE moving to the Character, otherwise I could not change into a Wild card there. Not a big deal, but something to note.

*****Attachment 8809
    Attachment 8810
    Wow, great to hear the tool supports herolab SW statblocks! I guess I have somewhat succeeded in making the parser generic enough

PS: you can right click on PC sheet's Wild Card icon and toggle him/her to be wild card. No need to setup it beforehand in NPC sheet. This is old feature already

I tried it on Shanitar the Legends arise and the old Sci fi tool kit bestiary. Is there any any way of just exporting the npc's so you can reuse them?

great work by the way and very much appreciated , this extension and the new version four frame work have bought savage worlds bang up to date in Fantasy Grounds.

Thread Information