STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 30 First ... 5678917 ... Last

Thread: SW Maker

Just ran an update to FG2, and then got this error when I loaded a campaign with the NPC Maker loaded: Script Error: [string "names/maker_name.lua"]:15: attempt to call field 'simplify' (a nil value)

Help!
    Drat. Not Again.

Never mind.....

Quote Originally Posted by heyhogan View Post
    Just ran an update to FG2, and then got this error when I loaded a campaign with the NPC Maker loaded: Script Error: [string "names/maker_name.lua"]:15: attempt to call field 'simplify' (a nil value)

Help!
    I noticed that my version of the Savage Worlds Ruleset was older. I just rebuilt my PC and the update must not have ran correctly. Did the update again and made sure I was on 4.2.2 and it worked fine.
    Drat. Not Again.

I have begun using this to make use of Zadmar's Monster Conversions (From Pathfinder)... due to the need for the separators, I've just been highlighting the individual monsters and clicking create. Seems to be working great, I've gotten through "A" and "B" monsters.... (A bit over 100 creatures for each letter, my search pulled up 3,152 and I hope to get through them all.)

EDIT: and now C
    Last edited by DMReckless; March 11th, 2016 at 05:11.

Nice work. You can never have too many beasties, and pathfinder has really good beasties. They are good conversions too from what I have seen
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Quote Originally Posted by DMReckless View Post
    I have begun using this to make use of Zadmar's Monster Conversions (From Pathfinder)... due to the need for the separators, I've just been highlighting the individual monsters and clicking create. Seems to be working great, I've gotten through "A" and "B" monsters.... (A bit over 100 creatures for each letter, my search pulled up 3,152 and I hope to get through them all.)

EDIT: and now C
    Have a look at my mod - already done all of the monsters from Zadmar's site - almost 2,700 of them.

The link can be found at: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...d-Monsters-Mod
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Colin's mod is very good.
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

I recently picked up Deadlands Reloaded and noticed the Make NPC tab was not there...then I found this post. I haven't tried the /makenpc command yet but I was curious why you don't intend on adding the tabs? Is it technically too dificult to be worthwhile? Again, just curious...its still a great extension!
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Rooster Cogburn: Shot? Or killed?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Meliath1742 View Post
    I recently picked up Deadlands Reloaded and noticed the Make NPC tab was not there...then I found this post. I haven't tried the /makenpc command yet but I was curious why you don't intend on adding the tabs? Is it technically too dificult to be worthwhile? Again, just curious...its still a great extension!
    Deadlands: Reloaded uses different database node roots and windowclasses for NPCs. I could add support for it, but haven't done it because I should include lots of Deadlands extension codebase within the extension which is generally bad practise. You could use the /makenpc but again the issue is that it will create NPC with default SavageWorlds windowclass and basically you don't have access to those windowclasses in Deadlands reloaded extension. Basically if you use /makenpc command, it will open you NPC window, but when you close it you have no UI button to access is anymore. What you should try to do is use the slashcommand and drag-and-drop created NPC into humans or critters list.

The best solution would be to include the original Personalities list back to right sidebar when the NPC maker extension is enabled with Deadlands extension. However that means that you would have three lists of NPCs: Personalities, Humans and Critters and users should know what to use.

Because there is this kinda issues, I haven't done fix for it yet.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Yikes! I figured it must have been something ridiculously tough. Thanks for answering my curiosity!
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Rooster Cogburn: Shot? Or killed?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

Blog Entries
    @Ikael: just started using your extension and it's quite lovely! Teeny gripe: any idea why it changes an NPC's last name to lowercase?

re: Deadlands... this is going to be an unpopular opinion... I know some guys like to code extra stuff into the extensions like this and add extra buttons to the sidebar but honestly, couldn't everything just go into the Personalities box for compatibility and just put a "Humans" and "Critters" tabs instead? Sometimes stuff like this is being clever for the sake of being clever rather than being useful or necessary. Just my two cents.

Thread Information