DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 30 of 30 First ... 20282930

Thread: SW Maker

I made a module for this actually. It's not bad and we're using it for our Thursday game. I'm happy to share it if you'd like. Chris is hosting a link to it on his Facebook page also.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 7.38.38 AM.png
    Last edited by DaddieCat; March 12th, 2024 at 14:39.

First, I would turn off better menus. That's throwing errors and is attempting to change windows. It could be interfering with sw maker. At the least it will make it easier to see what sw maker is doing. (btw, the extension states this does not work with Savage Worlds ruleset.)
    The NPC lua code was changed a fair amount in the latest release. The attack and power functions changed as did the lua file names and locations. You may see something similar with powers initializing.
    The sw maker extension will have to be updated. Unfortunately, Ikael isn't available and that extension is in the vault, so someone else can't update it.
    Run with sw maker being the only extension and compile a log of the errors. This will help if someone is able to update the extension.
    Last edited by Mike Serfass; March 12th, 2024 at 19:18.

Quote Originally Posted by seanny View Post
    When a campaign is begun , an option is use one of 2 rulesets , SWADE or DELUXE ,I think anyway, I picked SWADE option.
    Your are in an enviroment where other problems will appear. You have SWD books in a SWADE ruleset you did not buy. At that point I am not helping. I can't test that.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; March 13th, 2024 at 01:34.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Thanks for the kind offer of the module share by DaddieCat.
    I think I could get some fun from that.

I will try with Better Menus off ,BUT I am so used to using it ,IT is really fabulous ,I will have to turn it back on after testing.
    Thanks for this suggestion.

And "SWD books in a SWADE ruleset you did not buy" ,I have not done anything wrong. I bought (as in paid for) the SWD ruleset when that was all that was available in 2015 ,I bought other SWD stuff then too. AND using that ruleset there is an option ,as I said to use EITHER SWADE or SWD to start a game. Which I have done. I will buy the SWADE ruleset ,but I think I am entitled to make most use of what I already own first.

Exactly same thing happens with the same stat block;
    This time with no extensions other than Savage Extensions and also
    this time with the SWADE ruleset I have now bought fresh in the current sale.

I am happy with the functionality the SW Maker does have , it is not difficult for me to manually adjust the damage dice.
    Last edited by seanny; March 15th, 2024 at 13:22.

Quote Originally Posted by seanny View Post

Exactly same thing happens with the same stat block;
    This time with no extensions other than Savage Extensions and also
    this time with the SWADE ruleset I have now bought fresh in the current sale.

I am happy with the functionality the SW Maker does have , it is not difficult for me to manually adjust the damage dice.
    As Mike said until Ikael comes back to fix this you will have to work with it in it's current state. Hopefully this won't be too long.

Thank you very much.

It works well enough in its current state.
    Look forward to the next iteration too.

Makes me glad I have a VM running 4.49 still, I am using that for all my dev work now

Of course I have to create module in 4.5 not tried that yet :|
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

SW Maker (Temp) Update

Thanks to Jiminimonka, I have access to Ikael's code repo for SW Maker.
    There were a number of changes required to catch it up to 4.5.
    I do not have access to update Ikael's code repo.
    I also don't have access to his forge, so I can't update his extensions directly.
    So, to use this update, you must disable Ikael's extension in the forge, and put the attached extension in your extensions folder.
    This is temporary, so I won't create a forge page. We'll do it the old school, manual way for now.
    When Ikael returns he can implement my fixes or use his own (probably better) fixes.
    When that happens, delete my extension and turn his back on.
    Let me know if you have any problems with this and I'll fix it as best I can. I'll post those updates here.

P.S.
    You'll know it's my extension because it says "Feature: SW Maker" and the version is 2.4.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you very much.

I tested this new version in SWADE Supers and also SAVAGE pathfinder ,
    the result -
    Works Well.

Thread Information