DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 25 of 30 First ... 152324252627 ... Last

Thread: SW Maker

I attended the class. It was informative and enjoyable. I highly recommend that you watch the video, and attend this class if Kevin offers it again.
    Thank you for presenting, Doswell!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    I attended the class. It was informative and enjoyable. I highly recommend that you watch the video, and attend this class if Kevin offers it again.
    Thank you for presenting, Doswell!
    Seconded.

Edit: First off I use this extension and I absolutely LOVE IT, BUT Is there anyway to expand this? Like convert and generate SW characters from Say Pathfinder and D&D? Maybe have seperate buttons such as Make 5E NPC, or Make PF NPC? Obviously it would always require tweaking beyond the initial convert but getting a good baseline I think would be amazing.
    When the GM smiles, it's too late!

ULTIMATE LICENSE GM

You may find this site useful
    https://www.godwars2.org/SavageWorlds/
    You can convert pathfinder statblocks to SW statblocks and then import to FG using the npc maker.
    I know this is not exactly what you asked but it may give you a work around if you weren't aware of the site
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Whaley View Post
    Edit: First off I use this extension and I absolutely LOVE IT, BUT Is there anyway to expand this? Like convert and generate SW characters from Say Pathfinder and D&D? Maybe have seperate buttons such as Make 5E NPC, or Make PF NPC? Obviously it would always require tweaking beyond the initial convert but getting a good baseline I think would be amazing.
    How would it work?

The "official" way to convert other RPG monsters/NPCs to SWADE is "Do not convert or create them following set rules (like d20 has), you create them with skills/edges/hindrances you think they need"

Tell 5 GMs to create a SWADE version of a beholder you will get 5 different versions (I know as I have looked in the past), NONE of them are wrong, they are all different.

So how do you make a tool that makes EVERY body happy?

Answer: Make your own for yourself

Me: I'll either take the SWD monsters from Zadmar and then tweak them for SWADE, search the inter web for something somwonelse has done, but a pdf from Misfit studios, or make it myself, only the last one will not have me using the SW Maker tool.

I'm afraid to say there is no need for a tool for Official FGU SWADE products so Ikael will not be making it, I cannot code to save my life and no-one else has made it yet, so I'm afraid that leaves you to build it.

If you make it would I use it ?

Maybe, but would I disagree with the conversion it produces, probably (does not make me right, it is just I might have made the monster differently)
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I agree, which is why I put that you would have to tweak it. I cannot code myself so I was just hoping to "inspire" somebody who could to either make it or include something in SW Maker. My process works that I use now but I am inherently and would love to get the brunt of the work automated.

ULTIMATE LICENSE GM

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    You may find this site useful
    https://www.godwars2.org/SavageWorlds/
    You can convert pathfinder statblocks to SW statblocks and then import to FG using the npc maker.
    I know this is not exactly what you asked but it may give you a work around if you weren't aware of the site
    That is what I currently use. The combination of that site and SW Maker is amazing, I was just hoping to maybe include something like that site into SW Maker.

ULTIMATE LICENSE GM

I cannot code myself so I was just hoping to "inspire" somebody who could to either make it or include something in SW Maker.
    That will NEVER happen I am afraid, SWMaker ONLY exists because Ikael wanted something to convert official SW products, so he coded it for himself and shared it out, as there will NEVER be an official SW product that requires you to convert d20 it will not be added.

Ikael is busy enough keeping SW working with FGU/FGC.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

That is what I currently use. The combination of that site and SW Maker is amazing, I was just hoping to maybe include something like that site into SW Maker.
    Most extension are written by People because they want something added to FG. A lot of these extensions were written by people with little or no coding experience but they learned. Somewhere on the forum (probably in the Extensions section) there is a guide on how to get started.

Like the big dude in Robots says "see a need, fill a need"

Available in Forge

SW Maker is now available in Forge, see: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/109/view
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information