5E Character Create Playlist
Page 98 of 104 First ... 488896979899100 ... Last
    Hi! Would you make this extension to work with the new D&D Classics ruleset?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    We will tough it out until your situation improves.
    And then we will beat him over the head until morale improves!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    And then we will beat him over the head until morale improves!
    Ours or his?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersandrew View Post
    Ours or his?
    Whichever works?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by malditobill View Post
    Hi! Would you make this extension to work with the new D&D Classics ruleset?
    If yoiu are refering to the 2E D&D Ruleset, then this will be supported in the new release - that *is* a promise
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thank you, Dulux-oz, for your help earlier. I have some questions.

1. If I make a location like a town that has a ruler, and I want to choose an NPC from the NPC tab for that location, how do I do it? I can't drag the icon because it is a tab of the same dialog, and I can't type into the field.

2. I am running a homebrew 5E campaign with some Birthright rules. I want to add some information to each "Province" location, such as province size (0-10), source holding (0-10), law holding (0-10), guild holding (0-10), and temple holding (0-10). Each of the holdings need an "owner" field (that uses the NPC database in the location extension), and there can be multiple holdings of the same type with different owners in each province record. I took a look at the XML file, but I'm afraid it is much too advanced for me. Can anyone help me with this?

3. Is it possible to link an image to a location (like a map or flag), and can a small image (like a flag or shield) be added to the location entry in the same way that a character sheet has a small portrait of the character?

4. Is there any way to display the organizational relationship between locations? For example, if you have a country location with some province locations, and each province has a town location, is there an easy way to show this relationship without opening all the locations individually and checking what belongs to what? Is there some way to display a chart of the relationships, for example? If not, would you consider such a feature?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Armandeus; August 22nd, 2019 at 08:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Armandeus View Post
    Thank you, Dulux-oz, for your help earlier. I have some questions.

1. If I make a location like a town that has a ruler, and I want to choose an NPC from the NPC tab for that location, how do I do it? I can't drag the icon because it is a tab of the same dialog, and I can't type into the field.
    Either drag the NPC from the NPCs Tab to the Desktop, then from the desktop to the Ruler LinkBox; or open up the NPC and use its DragBox to drag to the Ruler Dragbox and/or the NPC Tab.

2. I am running a homebrew 5E campaign with some Birthright rules. I want to add some information to each "Province" location, such as province size (0-10), source holding (0-10), law holding (0-10), guild holding (0-10), and temple holding (0-10). Each of the holdings need an "owner" field (that uses the NPC database in the location extension), and there can be multiple holdings of the same type with different owners in each province record. I took a look at the XML file, but I'm afraid it is much too advanced for me. Can anyone help me with this?
    The only way to do this at the moment is to note this information in the Notes Tab. The Notes tab is a fully formatable page, so you can even make a blank LinkBox to drag an NPC entry into.

If you send me the detail (and the context) I might put in these extra fields in a later relases (if I think its worth it to the greater FG Community).

3. Is it possible to link an image to a location (like a map or flag), and can a small image (like a flag or shield) be added to the location entry in the same way that a character sheet has a small portrait of the character?
    Maps are just images (as far as FG is concerned) so whether the "map" on the Maps Tab is a map or some other sort of picture makes no differnce.

4. Is there any way to display the organizational relationship between locations? For example, if you have a country location with some province locations, and each province has a town location, is there an easy way to show this relationship without opening all the locations individually and checking what belongs to what? Is there some way to display a chart of the relationships, for example? If not, would you consider such a feature?

Thank you!
    If you are talking about a display-tree (with or without collapsapble branhes), no, not at the moment. I've been playing around with the idea of having collapsable lists, but the "depth" of such a list is infinite/undefined, because Locations can be children of Locations, and Locations can be children of buildings which can be children of locations, etc. Its a "hard problem" (if you understand what the term "hard problem" means), but I am working on it.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post

If you send me the detail (and the context) I might put in these extra fields in a later relases (if I think its worth it to the greater FG Community).
    Thank you for your help!

This is the information I need (and that is not homebrew - so should be useful to anyone else using Birthright):

Province (since you don't have a country or a province tab - this would be on the location tab)
    Province Level (integer from 0-10 represents province development and population)
    Source Holding (none, 0-10), Owner
    Law Holdings (none, 0-10), Owner (there can be multiple entries of this type in one province)
    Guild Holdings (none, 0-10), Owner (there can be multiple entries of this type in one province)
    Temple Holdings (none, 0-10), Owner (there can be multiple entries of this type in one province)
    The same character can own multiple holdings as well as provinces.

It would be nice to also have an entry for military units (number and type) too.

If the record is shared, are the notes shared as well?

Also, although I want to use the same PC/NPC to rule a town (the capital), a province, and a realm (the last two are "locations"), the extension won't allow the same NPC to rule in more than one record. Is there a way around this?

Thank you again!
    Last edited by Armandeus; August 26th, 2019 at 14:47.

I added this extension to an ongoing pathfinder campaign in order to use it for world development but when i open the locations tab it is completely empty. Any idea what I may have done wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_dk2 View Post
    I added this extension to an ongoing pathfinder campaign in order to use it for world development but when i open the locations tab it is completely empty. Any idea what I may have done wrong?
    Have you added any locations? If not, did you expect it to populate automatically?

Thread Information