5E Character Create Playlist
Page 51 of 104 First ... 41495051525361101 ... Last
    Thanks Damned,
    I saw that post/series of posts and was just wondering how the other GM's were dealing with the issue. Anyone that is D&D and that is importing items to populate a shop in the locations database (I would assume) has had to deal with this in some fashion, so just picking brains

Thank again

Double-post, sorry
    Last edited by Weepdrag; March 22nd, 2016 at 21:04.

Thanks Damned,
    I saw that post/series of posts and was just wondering how the other GM's were dealing with the issue. Anyone that is D&D and that is importing items to populate a shop in the locations database (I would assume) has had to deal with this in some fashion, so just picking brains

Thanks GrimmSpector, That is the solution we've been using until we can get a better solution. We may wind up just decimalizing a GP, so that it will read 1.52 gp rather than 1gp,5sp,2cp. It just means massaging all of the shop data that has been entered to meet the new standard. I just thought that Oz-The Great and Powerful, might bestow a user-defined field at some point for a true solution.

Thanks again

I believe that I've found a minor issue in the locations extension. When you drag an item into a shop inventory from a item library that was created with commas in the number (cost field), the extension reads it as a period. 3,500 gp becomes 3.5 gp. I just stripped all commas from the number fields in the libraries that I have installed, but some (3.5e Essentials) will probably be updated and replaced on the next FG update. This is occurring in the 3.5e ruleset.
    Thanks for any input
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

I installed the DOE Base Extension V1.1 and DOE Locations Extension 4.1 and DOE Organisations Extension 1.2 onto my version of FG and checked that they be loaded when I start the campaign using 5E D&D ruleset. They show up in the chat box of the campaign server as loading and also in the player's chat box as loading but I have the following issue.
    In the server side I can edit and add stuff but that info doesn't seem to get pushed to the players. Their location windows is just a series of blank tabs with no info in them.
    Am I missing some button to push the data to the players?

Thanks
    Pig Dead. Soldier On.
    Ultimate License
    D&D 5E

Hey, lbealsjr, did you "share" the locations?

It works exactly as sharing sheets on other tabs, such as Story. Just open the location, right click, and select the share option. Once you do that, a (P) will appear next to the item in YOUR tab, and you players will be able to see the item, read-only.

Quote Originally Posted by zeracool2k View Post
    Hey, lbealsjr, did you "share" the locations?

It works exactly as sharing sheets on other tabs, such as Story. Just open the location, right click, and select the share option. Once you do that, a (P) will appear next to the item in YOUR tab, and you players will be able to see the item, read-only.
    Thanks, I was trying to share from the main interface instead of from each child window. Solved it.

thanks again
    Pig Dead. Soldier On.
    Ultimate License
    D&D 5E

Is there any call for a rooms tab on this wonderful app? I run a lot of CoC and similar games, and I was looking for something that would just work for labeling the rooms of a building and being able to pin them on a map, having common and hidden gm information, and maybe bullets point features that could be added like "secret panel in fireplace" that could be individually marked to be revealed in the common information shown to players.
    This would be good for houses and other buildings where the layout is known, and the players are just reviewing where things are and what they know about them.
    And for GMs where I could bring it up, and have linked information about occupants, items, and the like. I am using the story section now, but it just does not compartmentalize information.
    Does this make sense?
    Last edited by iemckinnon; April 23rd, 2016 at 15:15.

Quote Originally Posted by iemckinnon View Post
    Is there any call for a rooms tab on this wonderful app? I run a lot of CoC and similar games, and I was looking for something that would just work for labeling the rooms of a building and being able to pin them on a map, having common and hidden gm information, and maybe bullets point features that could be added like "secret panel in fireplace" that could be individually marked to be revealed in the common information shown to players.
    This would be good for houses and other buildings where the layout is known, and the players are just reviewing where things are and what they know about them.
    And for GMs where I could bring it up, and have linked information about occupants, items, and the like. I am using the story section now, but it just does not compartmentalize information.
    Does this make sense?
    I think I understand what you're asking. I use the "story" feature for that. For relatively simple buildings, I create a story, and then create sections in the story for each significant room. Each room then has paragraphs detailing the room, links to encounters, traps, secret doors, links to inventory items in the room, links to magic items I created, etc. I can then drag those links to the map and they will show up as pins on the map. The players can't see the pins, but when I click one, it opens the relevant item.

Based on your description, you really don't need an extension to do what you want.

Here is a room I created quickly. You can see I've attached a few encounters, some items and some traps (the traps are NPCs that I reuse all the time). Each of those can be dragged onto the map to create reference pins. Piece of cake!

Attachment 13828

Also, you can make notes and attach them to the story the same way. That way, if you have particular text you want hidden until revealed you can place the text in a note, and then make the note public when the information is discovered.

Hope that all makes sense and helps!
    Last edited by jreddin1; April 23rd, 2016 at 15:39.

Quote Originally Posted by iemckinnon View Post
    Does this make sense?
    Use a standard Locations Record. if you like to link in Traps, etc, do that on the Notes Tab
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thread Information