DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 36 of 104 First ... 2634353637384686 ... Last
    ok so...
    Press the locations button on the sidebar > no problems > Right click in the main tab "add new" > no problems > click the "new location" link that opens > Script Error: [string "snAltitude"]:1: attempt to call field 'fpSimplifySciNotation' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "snArea"]:1: attempt to call field 'fpSimplifySciNotation' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "Locations/Scripts/lsLocationMainGeo.lua"]:22: attempt to call field 'fpUpdateCtrl' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "snAltitude"]:1: attempt to call field 'fpSimplifySciNotation' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "snArea"]:1: attempt to call field 'fpSimplifySciNotation' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "Locations/Scripts/lsLocationMainPolitical.l..."]:36: attempt to call field 'fpUpdateCtrl' (a nil value)
    Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (tgcAnchorLeft) in windowclass (wcNotes)
    Script Error: [string "Locations/Scripts/lsLocationMainGeo.lua"]:22: attempt to call field 'fpUpdateCtrl' (a nil value)

Has anyone done a video walk through of this extension?
    Has anyone done a module of the 5e Player's Handbook equipment lists?
    Would making such a module be a violation of anyone's copyright?

Sorry for the double post, but I just found this wonderful extension, and I'm learning how to use it.

In order to show a shop to the players, I've dropped the building link onto the chat box, before that, it didn't show up on the players Building tab.

The Shops want the players to have gp (lowercase) but the adventure modules grant GP (uppercase). Is there an easy way to keep it simple? It's still easier to change your GP to gp when you enter the shop, and then back to GP when you're done shopping than it is to manually keep track of the things you buy, but...

Thanks again!

@gmdmb3: Thanks, I'll see what's going on and get it fixed asap.

@ffujita: No, there's no video. There is the Manual, which is just a FG-Module. As for the 5E equipment module, I don't know, someone else will have to answer that. In relation to copyright, it depends upon what the Module contained - but youcould certainly make one for yourself without issue, you just couldn't give it to anyone else *depending upon what it contained).

Whatever the original price denomination of the Item dragged to the shop will be the required denomination when the shop "sells". I know that "gp" and "GP" are the same thing to us, but to a computer "gp", "GP" and "Gold Piece" are three different things. So yes, "gp" is different from "GP", and "gp" is also the default when a denomination isn't specified. Remember, this Extension is designed to be used with a number of different Rulesets, and even within Rulesets different coin-types can exist in different campaigns (eg Steel Coins in 3.5E Dragonlance and Gold Coins in 3.5E Greyhawk). Its probably easier in your case to explicitly set the Items cost to "GP" (probably before you drag them into as shop).

I am working on a very sophisticated additional Extension that will do currency conversions automatically, but its complex and a little way off yet.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by bobbylain View Post
    Im getting that error occasionally using 3.5 ruleset. when I try to type a name in for a portal. I get that error message with each letter I type. and using ruleset 5E I got it a couple of times trying to test out organizations and general locations. So far I'm only seeing that error when trying to edit a name.(Script Error: [string "DOEBase/Scripts/IsMiscFunctions.lua"--]:348: attempt to index a nil value )
    OK, I still can't reproduce the error (well, I suppose that should be , but I'd rather get it fixed)

OK, so if its only occasionally then it must be a specific set of circumstances that cause it - if people feel so inclined could they take note of exactly the situation if/when it occurs - thanks
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

yeah cant get it consistently happen, I scrapped all my new test campaigns where it only comes up occasionally. Haven't been able to reproduce a constant reproducible set of circumstances. I'll keep trying. I'm wanting to chalk it up to user causing the issue some how. cause in my first two test campaigns it happened every time I was on the portal tab for ever character I typed in the name.(as you saw from the screenshots) then when I was in my 5e test campaign it was happening when trying to edit organization names every time.

I started with new test campaigns and haven't been able to reproduce it again. I'm not seeing it as a bug but something that happens under specific conditions that are probably related to what the user enters into the field. like maybe parsing integers into strings or something like that.

the organizations deletion issue is something Ive been able to constantly repro ever single time with every rule set so far. that one has gota be a bug cause I havent found an instance where it doesnt delete the whole list.

Hi Everyone,

Although this should really be over in the Organisations Extension Thread (and it is) I've just updated the Organisations Extension to fix the reported Deletion bug

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Quote Originally Posted by gmdmb3 View Post
    ok so...
    Press the locations button on the sidebar > no problems > Right click in the main tab "add new" > no problems > click the "new location" link that opens > Script Error: [string "snAltitude"]:1: attempt to call field 'fpSimplifySciNotation' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "snAltitude"]:1: attempt to call field 'fpSimplifySciNotation' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "Locations/Scripts/lsLocationMainPolitical.l..."]:36: attempt to call field 'fpUpdateCtrl' (a nil value)
    Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (tgcAnchorLeft) in windowclass (wcNotes)
    Mate, I can't reproduce that error - which Ruleset are you using, plus which Extension do you have loaded - and looking very closely at the error messages you included, I need to ask you to please confirm that it says "DOE Locations Extension v4.0" in the Chatbox on load (cross-confirm this by checking that the icon in the Chatbox is a globe and not the Purple Die Over Australia icon) - thanks
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    @gmdmb3: Thanks, I'll see what's going on and get it fixed asap.

@ffujita: No, there's no video. There is the Manual, which is just a FG-Module. As for the 5E equipment module, I don't know, someone else will have to answer that. In relation to copyright, it depends upon what the Module contained - but youcould certainly make one for yourself without issue, you just couldn't give it to anyone else *depending upon what it contained).

Whatever the original price denomination of the Item dragged to the shop will be the required denomination when the shop "sells". I know that "gp" and "GP" are the same thing to us, but to a computer "gp", "GP" and "Gold Piece" are three different things. So yes, "gp" is different from "GP", and "gp" is also the default when a denomination isn't specified. Remember, this Extension is designed to be used with a number of different Rulesets, and even within Rulesets different coin-types can exist in different campaigns (eg Steel Coins in 3.5E Dragonlance and Gold Coins in 3.5E Greyhawk). Its probably easier in your case to explicitly set the Items cost to "GP" (probably before you drag them into as shop).

I am working on a very sophisticated additional Extension that will do currency conversions automatically, but its complex and a little way off yet.

Cheers
    Cool if you need any additional info from just let me know and in addition to the previous report,i can close the error window and the entry is there. Also, I get an error popping up every time i try to name an entry. and it pops up literally on EVERY letter i type, but only in the name field, and agin i can close the error window and my changes are still there but i have to do it on every letter.

P.S. are you gonna get some rest after this... You've earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Mate, I can't reproduce that error - which Ruleset are you using, plus which Extension do you have loaded - and looking very closely at the error messages you included, I need to ask you to please confirm that it says "DOE Locations Extension v4.0" in the Chatbox on load (cross-confirm this by checking that the icon in the Chatbox is a globe and not the Purple Die Over Australia icon) - thanks
    Attachment 12130

Attachment 12131

That is how it all looks when i start my game.
    pathfinder ruleset

Thread Information