5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 104 First 123451353103 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by jboyd4650 View Post
    ...can it be easily set up to hide/show on the main page? That way a GM may show the country, but hide the states; show the kingdom, and hide the baronies.
    I'd have to look into it, but I don't see why not.

My questions is, however, to what effect? If the GM doesn't want the Players to see something then he simply doesn't share the thing with the Players. If the GM wants to have the Players see part of a record, then the simplest/easiest thing to do is to have two copies: a GM's copy and a Players' copy, and the GM shares the Players' copy - like having a GM's Map and a Players' Map.

From a Character Knowledge Point-of-View, I can't see the point of hiding the Baronies but showing the Duchies - most individuals have/had a pretty good idea of their Nobility and whom was a vassal to whom (and therefore which lands "belonged" to which other lands), and if the individuals travelled a lot then they would know not only their own country/kingdom but others a well - that certainly fits the definition of most Characters (IMNSHO).

Or have I missed the point entirely?

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Actually, it is just to keep my clutter down. Now, i set up a kingdom, and then exported it as a module. That puts it all under one tab, and i can import it when needed. That might just make this a non-problem.

Thanks for bearing with me.

Since you say you want suggestions

With the inventory sheet, as well as bringing in the cost and weight when an item is dragged to it, can a 'Mark-up' field be added for the whole inventory? For example, a merchant has a lot of general gear but it is good quality (or he is just a rip-off merchant!) and all stock has a 5% increase over the standard PHB price. This would be done once and for all stock ('Main' sheet?). The Mark-up value could be negative (sells at below PHB price) or positive (sells above PHB price). The Mark-up field could be adjusted by the GM if the PC passes a related Skill Check (Bluff, Diplomacy etc) after haggling.

When a player opens that inventory (that has been shared, obviously) he can drag and drop items at the marked-up price and have that amount deducted from his available gold and added to the 'treasury' of the store. If he doesn't have the coin the item is not dropped into his inventory.

I have no idea if these things are possible but they seem good things to ask for.

Nice extension, Dulux. I'll have to try it out for the Fate games.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Thanks for the feedback everyone - I'll go and see about integrating those changes & bug fixes for version 2

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Zeus=> I know I've done it privately, but I also wanted to thank you publicly for the help on the graphics you provided - Thankyou!

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Quote Originally Posted by El Condoro View Post
    Is this extension simply a database or can it be used interactively with PCs. e.g. drag and drop an item from a shop inventory onto a PC inventory and it adds the item and subtracts its cost. Testing showed it did the dragging and dropping OK but did not subtract the cost of the item.
    And also

Quote Originally Posted by El Condoro View Post
    With the inventory sheet, as well as bringing in the cost and weight when an item is dragged to it, can a 'Mark-up' field be added for the whole inventory? For example, a merchant has a lot of general gear but it is good quality (or he is just a rip-off merchant!) and all stock has a 5% increase over the standard PHB price. This would be done once and for all stock ('Main' sheet?). The Mark-up value could be negative (sells at below PHB price) or positive (sells above PHB price). The Mark-up field could be adjusted by the GM if the PC passes a related Skill Check (Bluff, Diplomacy etc) after haggling.

When a player opens that inventory (that has been shared, obviously) he can drag and drop items at the marked-up price and have that amount deducted from his available gold and added to the 'treasury' of the store. If he doesn't have the coin the item is not dropped into his inventory.

I have no idea if these things are possible but they seem good things to ask for.
    OK, I've had a good look at the Cost Subtraction Issue and it is not feasible. Let me explain why.

In the CoreRPG the Costs of Items (and therefore the Base on the Inventory Sheet of the Buildings Form) are recorded as Strings (Text) not as Numbers - therefore doing mathematical manipulations on these values is extremely hard; not from a casting (turning a String into a Numeric or vice-versa) point of view but in the implications it raises. For starters, to convert the String to a Number that means something requires the system not only do the actual String-Number conversion but also a value conversion (eg is the String in Gold, GP, Gold Pieces, Silver, sp, Credits, etc, etc, etc). This requires knowing what the various Conversion Rates are (ie in some Rulesets there are 10 Gold to a Platinum, in others it is 5:1).

And this is just for starters!

Thus, it is impossible to keep the Extension Generic and yet still do all of these conversions: because the Externsion would have to know about each monetary system in each Ruleset - and how many RPG systems are out there? I mean, my own Übergame RPG has 7 different Monetary Systems alone (one for each major Geopolitical area/time period).

So, sorry, not practical (possibly why Moon made that field a String in the first place).

"But the Character Sheet records the coins as Numbers" I hear you say. True, but there is no relation to the various Numbers and what they are supposed to represent - hence having both a Number and a corresponding String where you put the coin value (ie "Gold", "Credit", etc). And even when you do do this, there is still nothing to say that the Number is intrinsically meant to represent Gold (or Credits, or whatever) - there is nothing within FG linking the Number to a value of money - there is when we interpret it, but that's done by us, not the computer.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

There's a link to this from the 3.5/Pathfinder forum. Does this extension work when using the Pathfinder ruleset?

Quote Originally Posted by willquestion View Post
    There's a link to this from the 3.5/Pathfinder forum. Does this extension work when using the Pathfinder ruleset?
    The 3.5e and Pathfinder rulesets load CoreRPG as their base ruleset, so these extensions should work with those rulesets. Is there any one in particular you are referring to?

The main thing to keep in mind with extensions is that they modify the underlying ruleset code, so they are not always compatible with other extensions. The golden rule with extensions is if you encounter a problem, disable all of the extensions and then do a trial and error enable/disable of the extensions you want to use until you determine which ones work together and which don't. Sometimes extensions can be made to work together by the devs (once you identify a problem with an extension post in that specific extension's thread), sometimes it might not be realistically possible if both extensions modify the same section of code.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The 3.5e and Pathfinder rulesets load CoreRPG as their base ruleset, so these extensions should work with those rulesets. Is there any one in particular you are referring to?
    Sorry I wasn't specific. I'm mainly interested in the Locations extension.

Thread Information