FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 95 of 104 First ... 45859394959697 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keraki View Post
    Quick question, I want to build a shop that has random inventory. I'm doing this by doing a story template, it has all the tables for items and prices that i need. If i put this into the notes will my players be able to see that link automatically and is it possible to hide it if so?
    Hey there Keraki! Glad to hear that you've got the random inv tables setup. Always nice to have them handy, and I too make that happen via story templates.

It is a pain to have to have results in a story entry and not be able to export to a locations record. That'd be SOOOO ideal! But for the time I take the nicely formatted story result and i copy that into the Main tab as shown in the attached screenshot. I do NOT use the "Notes Tab" as that is visible to the players. Everything goes into the "GM Notes" on the "Main Tab", except for the small description of what the store looks like as the players approach.
    screeenshot_018.jpg

Thanks. I was confident there was a way just hadn't found it.

Has there been any progress in updating the module to correctly handle decimals instead of floats or making the buy/sell work correctly with GP <> gp? I've began tinkering with the extension in an attempt to make it work for me, but it looks like a lot of work that someone may have already tackled. I was able to semi-successfully round the coin value and weight in the shop list, but the uppercase issue is eluding me because I do not know how to validate uppercase in XML.

Blog Entries
    Given that Dulux is just getting,got,will be getting out of the hospital this week. I suspect it may take him some time to status this.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Given that Dulux is just getting,got,will be getting out of the hospital this week. I suspect it may take him some time to status this.
    Ah, I did not realize it was that serious or still ongoing. I hope he recovers fully.
    I did manage to update the extension to deal with buying and selling regardless of GP/gp and remove the floats, though my fixes were pretty ugly I'm sure. I don't think I can figure out the currency conversion for making change though. I'm currently trying to find a way to change the font on the message boxes that pop up for selling confirmation because they are very difficult to read for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dmssanctum View Post
    Ah, I did not realize it was that serious or still ongoing. I hope he recovers fully.
    I did manage to update the extension to deal with buying and selling regardless of GP/gp and remove the floats, though my fixes were pretty ugly I'm sure. I don't think I can figure out the currency conversion for making change though. I'm currently trying to find a way to change the font on the message boxes that pop up for selling confirmation because they are very difficult to read for me.
    I'm a total rookie when it comes to lua and xml, but what I've done so far is edit xLocationsStrings.xml in the DOELocations files to strip away some of the text that ends up overlapping with the buy/sell text.

By changing these 3 lines to the following:
    <string name="sBuildingNoCoinHeaderStr"></string>
    <string name="sBuildingNoCoinStr">Not enough coin! Purchase canceled.</string>
    <string name="sBuildingPurchaseOfferHeaderStr"></string>
    ...I now get the attached image. Not perfect but definitely more legible than before! Honestly, all it would take now is removing the little white box/frame in the center of these popups and it would be 100% readable. Unfortunately I don't know how to do that...

DOE purchases.jpg

(Edit: this overlapping text is only a problem when using the 5E Wizard theme, of course.)
    Last edited by Rades; May 28th, 2019 at 04:12.

Blog Entries
    I did manage to update the extension to deal with buying and selling regardless of GP/gp and remove the floats, though my fixes were pretty ugly I'm sure. I don't think I can figure out the currency conversion for making change though.
    Would love to know your fix for that please ...

Quote Originally Posted by skj310 View Post
    Would love to know your fix for that please ...
    I'll try to explain what I did in detail...

Modify:
    IsLocationsManager.lua

Add a round function that was mentioned earlier in this thread:
    function round(num, numDecimalPlaces)
    local mult = 10^(numDecimalPlaces or 0)
    return math.floor(num * mult + 0.5) / mult
    end

Add an Upper function:
    function ToUpper(str)
    return (str:gsub("%a", string.upper))
    end

In function fpParseItemCost, change the return line to use round(sCost,0),ToUpper(sCoin)
    In function fpGetPriceMarkup, change sPrice to have a round(,) around the nCost calculation
    In function fpBulidingSellItems, add ToUpper around the oCoinSlot and Scoin references

IsLocationsPatch.lua
    Add function round again
    in function fpUpdateBuilding, call round around getValue

xBuildingsWindowClasses.xml
    Add function round again
    call round each time you see sItemWeightName).getValue()

I THINK that's all the changes I made. I know that's difficult to follow, but I'm not sure if I can share the file changes here without permission.

... I'm not sure if I can share the file changes here without permission.
    No, you can't
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thanks for posting the outlines. Our good friend dulux has had some setbacks in making fixes on a couple things and this will help anyone brave enough to try on their own. We appreciate it and thanks dulux for letting his outline stand.

Thread Information