5E Character Create Playlist
Page 87 of 104 First ... 3777858687888997 ... Last
    The work I have done posts Vendor transactions to the chatbox.
    When Dulux completes his work, these features will be included but he still must incorporate
    this stuff to rulesets besides 5e, which is the only ruleset I have to work with.

Not sure if this has been reported yet but I just came across a bug I believe. When I create some armor in the forge and at it to the inventory of a "shop" the price doesn't seem to calculate correctly. Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 12.53.21 PM.png My shop settings. Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 12.50.32 PM.png The top armor is the copy from the shop and the bottom armor is the copy from the items list. 2k gold is very different from 3 gold. Is this cause it is a forge item? or has the mark up % done something weird?

I'd suggest that its something to do with the mark up as you have it set at 60% of the value to sell at, (you'd be out of business very quickly that way) set it to 120% or preferably set the price manually gets rid of annoying fractions and GP/gp costs and you can decide how rare in cost certain items are.

For example using the Half plate +1 Armour from the item list cost 501-5,000 gp adding it to my shops inventory (set at 110%) gives a base price of 1052.01 gp, which I would manually change to 4,500 GP as I think it reflects the costs better.

hope this helps

Remove the comma from the price before adding item to Shop Inventory.
    When the item is added to the shop inventory, the 2,362 is read as 2, then multiplied by 1.6 (60% markup) to equal 3.2.

price ranges (ie, 501-5,000) is read as 501)

Also, Treasury is not utilized.

The currency manipulation routines currently will add/subtract similar currencies only.
    It will use fractional accounting.
    It will not recognize 10gp as 100sp.

Best way to use shops is to make sure you manually have the proper currency in place before buying.

Would it be possible to list a building at multiple locations? Say I have a store but it can be found at multiple cities. I tried dragging the building to those cities but it just jumps from one to the other. I understand it can only have one parent location. Wasn't sure if I could place it somewhere else so that they still show up for the players or do I have to create multiple entries of the same building?

Quote Originally Posted by Davinci522 View Post
    Would it be possible to list a building at multiple locations? Say I have a store but it can be found at multiple cities. I tried dragging the building to those cities but it just jumps from one to the other. I understand it can only have one parent location. Wasn't sure if I could place it somewhere else so that they still show up for the players or do I have to create multiple entries of the same building?
    I might suggest multiple pins in your map(s) that all open a Story entry, and the Story contains a link to the "master" shop.
    Check out my FG theme - The Coming of Night

FG Ultimate License
    D&D5e-Pathfinder-Savage Worlds

Thanks for the idea. I actually don't have to make a separate story entry. If I just drag the shop on the map, and not the locations tab it places a link down without giving it a parent location.

No, the system isn't set up for a single Walmart in every town - its set up for a Walmart-LA, a Walmart-NY, etc.

But both the ideas of a Story Entry pined to a map and an individual Location/Building/whatever record pinned to a map are both techniques I use
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

One of my players noted that when using the Wizards Theme, trying to sell an item to a shop brings up a text box but the words are layered over one another. I am on a mac so I can't join my own game to test this. Is it something that can be changed by making the box bigger? Or is this a coding thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Davinci522 View Post
    One of my players noted that when using the Wizards Theme, trying to sell an item to a shop brings up a text box but the words are layered over one another. I am on a mac so I can't join my own game to test this. Is it something that can be changed by making the box bigger? Or is this a coding thing?
    No idea - I've never seen it before. I will, however, look into it
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz