DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 97 of 104 First ... 47879596979899 ... Last
    Hello All,

I plan on releaseing updates to all the DOE's and to the DORCore soon after FGv3.3.8 is released (this is a goal, not a promise). The new versions will be placed as a download on the first post of the relevant thread (as they were originally).

I have also removed all of the DOEs from GitHub - current versions of the DOEs can be found on the first post of the relevant Thread.

Cheers
    Last edited by dulux-oz; July 23rd, 2019 at 06:15.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

I cannot get Locations to work. All it shows is a blank dialog with no way to create a new entry. This is with no extensions or themes other than DOE (latest versions of Base, OLE, Calendar, Organizations, Alignment, but no Sound, no Campaign) running and with the 5E rules. I tried both the public and test versions of FG 3.3.8.
    Last edited by Armandeus; August 17th, 2019 at 13:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Armandeus View Post
    I cannot get Locations to work. All it shows is a blank dialog with no way to create a new entry. This is with no extensions or themes other than DOE (latest versions of Base, OLE, Calendar, Organizations, Alignment, but no Sound, no Campaign) running and with the 5E rules. I tried both the public and test versions of FG 3.3.8.
    So run these two tests: On a clean/new (CoreRPG and then 5E) campaign with FG v3.3.8, DOE:Base v3.2.1, and DOE:Locations v4.8.2 (the other DOEs are not needed for this test) look at the Char box and **confirm** those version numbers, then please report back and tell me its not working and what you are trying to do to get it working.

But I do suspect you arn't running the latest version on the DOE: Locations

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Thank you, Dulux-oz. I was not aware that Locations had been updated. I now have the correct version and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Armandeus View Post
    Thank you, Dulux-oz. I was not aware that Locations had been updated. I now have the correct version and it works.
    Excellent! Glad you got it sorted.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

I have a problem with the "Shop" function of the Locations extension. I love it, but after browsing the full "items" database for setting up a store, I noticed it reads the damn comma from the items database as a real comma... ergo it sets me items costing "2,500 gp" as "2 gp and a half". I'm basically duplicating now every entry in my database to "remove" that comma and re-drag'em in the Store but... is there any way that doesn't require me spending so much time? (I suck at programming or I'd have checked it myself to see how to ignore the comma)

store.png

EDIT: forgot the image

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    I have a problem with the "Shop" function of the Locations extension. I love it, but after browsing the full "items" database for setting up a store, I noticed it reads the damn comma from the items database as a real comma... ergo it sets me items costing "2,500 gp" as "2 gp and a half". I'm basically duplicating now every entry in my database to "remove" that comma and re-drag'em in the Store but... is there any way that doesn't require me spending so much time? (I suck at programming or I'd have checked it myself to see how to ignore the comma)

store.png

EDIT: forgot the image
    You don't have a location set in your profile, but it sounds to me like you're in a location that uses , as it's decimal point and the code is respecting your locale.

The US, the UK and Australia all use . as the radix. Comma is a grouping character used to separate groups of three digits to make them easier to read.

Edit: You could try temporarily changing your locale to US-English, drag the items into the shop and change it back. This may or may not work.
    Last edited by Ampersandrew; August 19th, 2019 at 16:23. Reason: Added more detail.

This is a known bug with the locations extension. Dulux will someday fix it we hope but he says it is more complex than you might expect (he is a professional programmer and he doesn’t do anything half-assed so I think he is hoping to take localization [which he spells localisation] into account).

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    This is a known bug with the locations extension. Dulux will someday fix it we hope but he says it is more complex than you might expect (he is a professional programmer and he doesn’t do anything half-assed so I think he is hoping to take localization [which he spells localisation] into account).
    True - on all the above statements.

I might have a solution coming out with the next update - that's ***might*** - but if I do then its only a temporary work-around. Still, better than nothing.

And before anyone asks: I'm working as hard and as fast as my dialysis and other health issues let me - so people are just going to have to be patient.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Take care of yourself, buddy! We will tough it out until your situation improves.

Thread Information