5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 104 First ... 234561454 ... Last
    Thanks Patriarch. I'm going to install the extension now and I'll keep a look out for 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by willquestion View Post
    Thanks Patriarch. I'm going to install the extension now and I'll keep a look out for 2.0.
    Umm, I'm assuming you're talking to me - it's a minor item, but my handle/name is Dulux-Oz. "Patriarch" is my "Rank(?)" on these forums, in the same way that you are a "Zealot" at the moment. There are quite a few "Patriarchs" on these boards (as well as quite a few "Zealots"), which is why it took me a moment to work out you were talking to me (assuming you are)

Oh, and you're welcome.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Really nice extension!!! good work!!

I did run into a small bug when adding links to any of the tabs in either NPC's/Locations/towns/Buildings/or Maps. if I add a link (for example to the town's tab in a location) it works fine, but if the the Town's tab is full of links and I add another one (which creates the scrolling bar) suddenly i get duplicate entries. Not a big deal but something to look into if you got the time. Can't wait for your next version!

Hmmm, I've never run into that before. I'll have to have a look at the code to see what's going on.

Edit: OK, got that fixed (at least, I think I have ) - it'll be part of the next update.

Thanks for spotting it

Cheers
    Last edited by dulux-oz; May 21st, 2014 at 11:18.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Is there a way to hide information in this extension so that places and NPCs can be revealed as the PCs encounter them? Also, when converting to a module is the info in this extension included?
    FGU Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by willquestion View Post
    Is there a way to hide information in this extension so that places and NPCs can be revealed as the PCs encounter them? Also, when converting to a module is the info in this extension included?
    I'll assume you're asking about the Locations Extension:
    1. Not really - not designed for that particular purpose.
    2. Yes, if you select the relevant Records from the Export Window (ie /export) - however, I'd hold off till v2 is released, if I were you.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Can this be ported to suit with other rulesets?

Quote Originally Posted by Stenrosen View Post
    Can this be ported to suit with other rulesets?
    Ummm... not really. It rellies heavily on "stuff" from the CoreRPG Ruleset, and is designed to work with the CoreRPG Ruleset and all of its "Child" Rulesets, so modifying it to work with other, non-CoreRPG Derived Rulesets is a lot of work. As the "Layered Ruleset" approach is the one that SW is pushing for all of its Rulesets, any effort in porting this (or any other Extension) has to be weighed up against the effort to port the "other" Ruleset to the Layered Ruleset approach - in other words, the effort required may be more than the benefit gained.

Having said all that, which Ruleset(s) are you referring too - it may require only a very minor change to get it to work - and/or you may spark the original Author of the "other" Ruleset to port it to the Layered Ruleset Approach (if its not already being done).

As a tangent comment, I'm literally days away from releasing version 2, which will contain a whole bunch more functionality and also different "place" records for things like worlds, star systems, planes of existence, portals, and whole cosmologies. Alas, it too will be CoreRPG and Child compatible as well.

Any other questions, please ask

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

I was thinking of BRP. It seems just such a good extension that it's to bad it can't cover the whole set of rulesets :-) As it's not theme or system specific i just was curious what was the decision behind making it not generic ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Stenrosen View Post
    I was thinking of BRP. It seems just such a good extension that it's to bad it can't cover the whole set of rulesets :-) As it's not theme or system specific i just was curious what was the decision behind making it not generic ;-)
    If a ruleset is not built on top of CoreRPG (which BRP is currently not) then there is no such thing as a "generic" ruleset if there is any form of GUI involvement - and this extension has GUI involvement. Just the "simple" task of adding the "Locations" button to the toolbar can be done differently in non CoreRPG based rulesets and so would need a different extension for each ruleset that handles the toolbar differently. This is one of the main reasons that CoreRPG was produced so that rulesets could use a base ruleset for all of the base FG operations and campaign data and then game specific rulesets could be built on top of CoreRPG and share future version improvements and CoreRPG compatible extensions.

As mentioned above, BRP is not currently built on CoreRPG so it cannot use this extension. This extension is as generic as an extension of this type can be, unfortunately it is impossible to make it truly generic for all rulesets.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information