DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

Mapping Software

Found a new (well new to me) set of easy to use mapping tools that I thought the community here might be interested in.

Inkwell Ideas (Main Site)
    Dungeongrapher
    Cityographer
    Hexographer

The tools are written in Java and therefore available on all platforms. They don't require as steep a learning curve as CC3/DD3 and are more focused than theGimp and Photoshop, so may appeal to the middle ground quite nicely.

The tools are available in a limited Free mode whilst the Pro versions include quite a nice suite of features; I particularly like the city and dungeon generation features as well as links to information. Creating exploded maps with sub-maps seems cool as well.

Anyhow all three seem to be available in a bundle for $76 which seems like a nice bargain. I'm using the free version at the moment and might purchase the full suite. Going to give them all some thorough use this weekend.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

I've been using Hexographer for a while, the free version, and really like it for old style overland maps. I haven't used the others.

There is a Fantasy World Generator that uses much of the same symbols at donjon, but it seems have a bad link right now: https://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/world/

Blog Entries
    Neat. I have been looking for an easy to use tool to help me recreate a digital version of Krynn for the legendary AD&D Dragonlance DL11 Dragons of Glory battle game. I've been wanting to run this game via FG for a while. Hexographer looks like it might be just the ticket, especially since it includes the classic icon set from AD&D and the Pro version allows for custom icons to be applied.

I've just been playing with the Cityographer tool, the generator is pretty amazing; simply tell it the size, population and variables for vegetation, roads, buildings and you get an instant city (all crossed linked with NPC and other info). Cool stuff.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thread Information