FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Hunter's Mark

Hunter's Mark

I've looked through the effects, but I'm not quite sure how to do this other than adding an effect every time a hunter/paladin attacks a specific creature during the duration of the Hunter's Mark spell. Basically the spell allows additional damage to be rolled on a specific creature for the duration (Concentration or 10 minutes). Since it only affects that particular creature, I think the effect would have to be expired after the damage was rolled, then reapplied the next time an attack is made on that creature unless the effect can somehow be applied to the creature instead of the character? That's the real question. Can an effect be created and added to a creature that when a specific character attacks it, allows that character to roll extra damage against the creature?

As far as I know you can't add an effect to a creature that applies only to a particular attacker. But the way I do the Quarry in 4e is to apply it to my character as DMG: 1d6 with [Self] [One Roll] selected, then re-apply it each time I attack that particular target. Unless someone has a better way of doing it?

That's what I was thinking I would need to do as well.

Yes. Make an effect to apply to the ranger, which adds extra damage, apply to the ranger, then have the GM add the target of the mark as a specific effect target. (Target button in effect details of CT.) It will also need to be cleared by GM.

There's also a way to apply the effect target on application, but I'm away from machine at the moment. It's either in the 4E combat tracker or 4E effects topic on the wiki.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information