DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    The localhost was what I was misunderstanding. Thanks got it working.

DMs Guild Products: Waterdeep primer, Waterdeep Fantasy Grounds Module
    Current GM Games: DnD 5E Forgotten Realms, DnD 5E Tal'Dorei
    Current Projects: Waterdeep Battlemaps
    Systems of Interest: DnD 5E, 7th Sea
    Random Musing: https://www.jasonhardin.com

Quote Originally Posted by jrh18 View Post
    The localhost was what I was misunderstanding. Thanks got it working.
    And uninstall your second installation - otherwise you may have problems with future updates.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    FG uses registry entries. So I don't think you can unless you use a virtual machine. But why do you need to have separate licenses? You can start a second instance and connect to your first instance as a player, just use "localhost" as the address and the license conflict will not be triggered.
    I actually wanted to use a second installment with a free client, to see what my players (who did not buy any content) has access to, without my ultimate licence purchases showing up... I guess I need to use a second PC for that... (funny how this actually works just fine on a mac or linux, wine keeping the data folders and stuff separate )
    Natural 20 - that's how I roll.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edem View Post
    I actually wanted to use a second installment with a free client, to see what my players (who did not buy any content) has access to, without my ultimate licence purchases showing up... I guess I need to use a second PC for that... (funny how this actually works just fine on a mac or linux, wine keeping the data folders and stuff separate )
    No, just start a second instance and connect as described above. Then, only load the SRD or Basic Rules modules. That will be exactly the same as loading FG on a second computer with a free license.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    No, just start a second instance and connect as described above. Then, only load the SRD or Basic Rules modules. That will be exactly the same as loading FG on a second computer with a free license.
    Except, for example, the available images for characters will be different...
    Natural 20 - that's how I roll.

Hi, I am trying to run a second instance of FG to test some stuff. I can start the second instance but I can't connect to myself. My players also have problems to connect to my server, but reading here on the forums I managed to solve the problem by forwarding port 1802 and turning firewall and anti-virus off. Do I have to do the same to connect to myself? Should I take these three steps, forward port, disable firewall, disable anti-virus to be able to connect to myself?

No. Simply enter localhost as the address

Blog Entries
    The second instance connects to a hostname of localhost
    You dont need firewall and AV off but you do need to make exceptions to allow TCP 1802 inbound from any source.

Bidmaron - do you enter localhost as the address in the second instance only?

Thread Information