FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    1) Get an ultimate licence/subscription. :-)
    2) Connect a single player instance with a free licence to the GM instance with a full licence - the game will switch to demo mode and will allow only this one connection, but data will be saved and will operate as normal for this once connection. No other free licence connections will be allowed, or if you connect and full with a different licence to the GM it will switch to normal mode and kick the free licence off the server.
    Option #2 is a great idea that I hadn't thought about. I will literally only be using to display maps, so the demo mode would be perfectly fine. Thank you!!

1) Get an ultimate licence/subscription. :-)
    2) Connect a single player instance with a free licence to the GM instance with a full licence - the game will switch to demo mode and will allow only this one connection, but data will be saved and will operate as normal for this once connection. No other free licence connections will be allowed, or if you connect and full with a different licence to the GM it will switch to normal mode and kick the free licence off the server.
    I am trying to do this, but having a little trouble. How do I remove my full key from the "maps-only" computer? It keeps saying "license mismatch" or something like that, which I am sure is because it thinks I am trying to use a single license for two computers. I tried just deleting the license number in Settings, but it just asks for it every time I open FG.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by shemantis View Post
    I am trying to do this, but having a little trouble. How do I remove my full key from the "maps-only" computer? It keeps saying "license mismatch" or something like that, which I am sure is because it thinks I am trying to use a single license for two computers. I tried just deleting the license number in Settings, but it just asks for it every time I open FG.
    Thank you!
    Delete the license number in the "Settings" window then run an update - this *should* download the free version of the client.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Delete the license number in the "Settings" window then run an update - this *should* download the free version of the client.
    Before I do that, one thing: The computer I am using as "maps-only" while DMing a game is used to *create* the campaign during off-weeks.
    If I remove the license when using it as "maps-only" during a game, can I easily re-add it once the weekend is over, and I need to be able to edit the campaign again...?

Thank you again for your help. Sorry it's kind of a convoluted situation.

Yes, just do the reverse - put the licence key back in and do an update. None of your data will be changed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes, just do the reverse - put the licence key back in and do an update. None of your data will be changed.
    This appears to have worked! Everyone wish me luck on running an in-person game with this set-up, lol.

Blog Entries
    Good Luck!

I'd like to be able open two instances as well, but I can't figure out how to open the 2nd instance outside of Steam. All of the local FG files are bundled into the Steam folder, so I continue to get the Steam error telling me I already have the app running, regardless of how I open the FG exe file (or whatever it's called). Am I missing something obvious?

The second instance can not be started from either within Steam or using the link created by Steam. You need to start the second instance using the link in the Windows Start Menu.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information