FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Channel Positive Energy

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to Channel Positive Energy in fantasy grounds.

Anyone know if it's already in a spell list that I can download?

If not, can anyone tell me how to create a macro that will damage the selected undead or heal the selected living in the area?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

To Your Success,
    Scott Johnson

create a spell class called Channels
    enter how many channels you get a day in the lvl 1 slot
    create two lvl 1 spells called Channel heal and Channel Damage undead.
    Right click on Channel Heal, Add Spell Action-> Heal, and enter the applicable heal you get for your level
    Right Click on Channel Damage Undead, Add Spell Action->Add Cast, (cause undead get a chance to resist your channel)
    Right Click on Channel Damage Undead, Add Spell Action->Add Damage, and enter the applicable Damage you get for your level

Attachment 6168
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

I've considered adding 'force' to the damage type on this due to channel energy dealing full damage to incorporeal creatures. Anyone see a downside to this?
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Nickademus, as Willot entered this, you could cast the damage undead on absolutely anything and it would work, or am I missing something?

Blog Entries
    I'd think you would still need to select targets to apply it to.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Creatures with the incorporeal condition take no damage from weapons without the 'magic' damage type and half damage from all weapons and spells unless they have the 'force' damage type.

The Pathfinder Bestiary's entry for incorporeality says this:
    Even when hit by spells or magic weapons, it takes only half damage from a corporeal source. Although it is not a magical attack, holy water can affect incorporeal undead. Corporeal spells and effects that do not cause damage only have a 50% chance of affecting an incorporeal creature (except for channel energy). Force spells and effects, such as from a magic missile, affect an incorporeal creature normally.
    This confuses me since the effect of channel energy to undead is damage yet the sentence it is in talks about effects that do not deal damage. If channel energy is supposed to deal full damage to incorporeal creatures, then it would need the 'force' damage type. If not, I don't know what the paranthetical is referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    This confuses me since the effect of channel energy to undead is damage yet the sentence it is in talks about effects that do not deal damage.
    https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/...l#_turn-undead Maybe?? :/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Turn Undead is so passe. :P

So I was right, channeled energy damage is still halved in PF. This came up in a game. I guess we really should have TPK'd. (Don't tell our GM...)

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    So I was right, channeled energy damage is still halved in PF. This came up in a game. I guess we really should have TPK'd. (Don't tell our GM...)
    I wouldn't say that... the quote you provide above says "Corporeal spells and effects that do not cause damage only have a 50% chance of affecting an incorporeal creature" this is 50% chance of "affecting" - so, kinda like concealment (50% miss chance).

It looks like the source you quoted is a little out of date. Here is a paragraph from the Universal Monster Rules on the Paizo PRD:

Quote Originally Posted by Paizo PRD - Universal Monster Rules
    Incorporeal (Ex) An incorporeal creature has no physical body. It can be harmed only by other incorporeal creatures, magic weapons or creatures that strike as magic weapons, and spells, spell-like abilities, or supernatural abilities. It is immune to all nonmagical attack forms. Even when hit by spells or magic weapons, it takes only half damage from a corporeal source (except for channel energy). Although it is not a magical attack, holy water can affect incorporeal undead. Corporeal spells and effects that do not cause damage only have a 50% chance of affecting an incorporeal creature. Force spells and effects, such as from a magic missile, affect an incorporeal creature normally.
    This is specifically referring to "damage" (not affect) and so it shows that channel energy will do 100% damage against undead incorporeal targets.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Nickademus, I didn't realize FG was protecting incorporeals when you attack them now (haven't tried it). I guess that means PFRPG (or 3.5) is smart enough as it stands to recognize that 'incorporeal' reduces damage.

Thread Information