FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Savage Worlds v3.5 - now live

Savage Worlds 3.5 has now gone live - please run your FGII updater tool to get hold of this.

It features the following changes, as well as small code improvements:

[Feature] Tokens in the Combat Tracker are highlighted when placed onto images
    [Feature] Preference added to reset combat tracker targeting after each player's turn
    [Feature] Card dealing now looks for "quickness raise" in effects, and redeals accordingly ("slow raise" also added, but implementation needs work)
    [Feature] /xp command added for GM to award experience points
    [Feature] Number of dice sides displayed on Trait dice by default; clients can disables this in the preferences
    [Feature] Wound / Fatigue penalties for NPCs are now applied when rolling from the Combat Tracker
    [Bug] Delete subpower confirmation not appearing in correct place
    [Bug] Deleting top combatant in a collapsed combatant group no longer causes other combatants in the group to vanish temporarily
    [Bug] Include bonus list in derived stats base calculation
    [Bug] Unknown NPCs no longer reveal their name when playing bennies
    [Bug] Prevent excess database fields being copied into skills, NPC abilities and weapons on drop
    [Bug] Fixed Wild Die lookup for attack and power rolls
    [Bug] Scrollbars added to currency and notes character sheet fields
    [Bug] Character list drag uses character name, instead of identity code, when dragged
    [Bug] Moved close image button to not block shortcut indicator
    [Bug] Prevent newlines from being created when creating new list items with the enter key on attack/power/inventory lists
    [Bug] Token list on export window now better positioned
    [Bug] Edit highlighting added to inventory weight limit field
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale View Post
    Savage Worlds 3.5 has now gone live - please run your FGII updater tool to get hold of this.

It features the following changes, as well as small code improvements:

[Feature] Tokens in the Combat Tracker are highlighted when placed onto images
    [Feature] Preference added to reset combat tracker targeting after each player's turn
    [Feature] Card dealing now looks for "quickness raise" in effects, and redeals accordingly ("slow raise" also added, but implementation needs work)
    [Feature] /xp command added for GM to award experience points
    [Feature] Number of dice sides displayed on Trait dice by default; clients can disables this in the preferences
    [Feature] Wound / Fatigue penalties for NPCs are now applied when rolling from the Combat Tracker
    [Bug] Delete subpower confirmation not appearing in correct place
    [Bug] Deleting top combatant in a collapsed combatant group no longer causes other combatants in the group to vanish temporarily
    [Bug] Include bonus list in derived stats base calculation
    [Bug] Unknown NPCs no longer reveal their name when playing bennies
    [Bug] Prevent excess database fields being copied into skills, NPC abilities and weapons on drop
    [Bug] Fixed Wild Die lookup for attack and power rolls
    [Bug] Scrollbars added to currency and notes character sheet fields
    [Bug] Character list drag uses character name, instead of identity code, when dragged
    [Bug] Moved close image button to not block shortcut indicator
    [Bug] Prevent newlines from being created when creating new list items with the enter key on attack/power/inventory lists
    [Bug] Token list on export window now better positioned
    [Bug] Edit highlighting added to inventory weight limit field
    I made you few pull requests earlier. There were some bugs that I addressed, but I don't see them taken account yet :O At least my latest version (haven't tried live-one yet) break immediately when I open combat tracker. In addition checking CT effects for initiative features had small bug that can come up only with PCs. I will be checking these out when I am out of real work today
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

I updated SW ruleset from live/stable channel and I still get the same errors/issues as mentioned above. The most critical is this one:
    Code:
    Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/combattracker_group.lua"]:11: attempting to set a nil value as a handler function
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Hey Aki,

Thanks for the updates. I got your pull requests a few days ago, but 3.5 had already been in the test stream for a couple of weeks, so I didn't want to add more stuff in. I'll get them into the next release - I am still planning semi-regular releases whilst we look into moving onto CoreRPG, especially now I can use the "Test" stream to get it out to keen / experienced users ahead of full release, so smaller, better tested releases are now a possibility.

I fixed up the error you spotted today - it's harmless, but very annoying that I let it slip past. As it's a one-line fix, I hope to get it straight into the live release stream (e.g. to all users) in the next couple of days, depending on the Smiteworks guys availability.

Cheers,
    Ben

I'll get a new version up to Smiteworks tonight, and recommend going straight to live, as the change is so slight.

[EDIT] new version - v3.5.1 - now live !
    Last edited by phantomwhale; March 22nd, 2014 at 11:12.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Quick question please. I purchased SW-ruleset through Drivethru RPG. Seems like it does not update automaticly. I tried to download the ruleset again from drivethru, but can only find 3.41 there ? Any idea how to fix either the automatic update function in FG or should I contact Drivethru to ask them for updating their download link ? Thanks for help!

Fantasy Grounds doesn't update automatically, you will see the Update button be RED when you start FG which indicates its time to run update.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Tried that. Did even log in via settings and my board account here and tried the update from there. Still shows 3.4.1

Quote Originally Posted by Malron View Post
    Tried that. Did even log in via settings and my board account here and tried the update from there. Still shows 3.4.1
    Email [email protected] with details of your DriveThruRPG purchase and they should be able to add it to your FG ID so that the update function will work.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

tried that but still no update.
    Ultimate License holder.

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs always hit the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by tlavalle View Post
    tried that but still no update.
    Did SmiteWorks tell you they had added the Savage Worlds product to your account?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information