Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Hi-Res Rusty Letter Tokens

I generally prefer to use portrait-based tokens, but at times when I don't have anything ready, it's good to have a set of generic tokens ready to go. The SmiteWorks letter tokens are pretty good in a pinch, but compared to the tokens I normally use they're a bit low res and come out a somewhat blurry. As an alternative, I put together a set of letter tokens with a rust-textured base that have served me well for many sessions now. I'm providing them here in two modules, one with a base size of 50x50px up to 250x250px, and another at 100x100px up to 500x500px for crazy people like me who can't go high enough resolution. Some examples are attached to this post.

Download:
    50x50-250x250
    100x100-500x500

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

You read my mind....

Thank you.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thank you
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Wow, great tokens. Thank you for sharing. I've used these for two sessions already for as quick tokens to distinguish between different groups. Additionally, having number tokens helps me to distinguish between specific areas for quick reference with my players. These greatly speed up encounters.

Very nice tokens, it helps to have some high res alphanumeric tokens available.
    Thank you.
    He who laughs last, didn't get it.

Thanks for sharing.

Previously: MurghBpurn

As I'm making a few tokens right now, I wonder what's the usage of 100px or 200px tokens?

Is it specific for UHD and Retina like screens? How do you use tokens that large on a regular (full HD) screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    As I'm making a few tokens right now, I wonder what's the usage of 100px or 200px tokens?

Is it specific for UHD and Retina like screens? How do you use tokens that large on a regular (full HD) screen?
    For me they are handy when I have maps that are large and detailed, so when I zoom in they look good.
    The downside is the length of time to share to the clients. I have attached a zoomed in example of the hi res tokens next to a lower res letter token.

My screen is a regular HD screen it just preserves the look better while zooming in.
    He who laughs last, didn't get it.

Yup but the basic letter token you have on the right is upscaled 32px. Do you zoom in to the point of having 200px or 500px grid size?

At 500px grid size, even an almost full screen map window will be 3 squares wide. 8 squares wide at 200px. That's a lot of zooming, or am I missing something?

Thread Information