DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Editing Box Problem

I don't know how to exit out of editing when adding text to my story. I remember in the past I can edit in and out, but now the option is not there. Makes it difficult when I'm trying to drag windows around and it highlights text instead.

Am I doing something wrong?

-PJ

I can still see the right-menu click option at 6 o'clock to "Exit Edit Mode". Are you running any extensions?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

What's the output of "/version" ? Actaully, more interested in what Trenloe's version is, as the edit mode (6 O'clock) menu option certainly isn't in my (development) copy of Savage Worlds either.

I note that updated rulesets go in for a padlock icon on the story entry to toggle edit mode, if that's not part of v3.5.0 (currently in the test channel) then I'll try and get that added in the next few days.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale View Post
    Actaully, more interested in what Trenloe's version is, as the edit mode (6 O'clock) menu option certainly isn't in my (development) copy of Savage Worlds either.
    3.4.2 (Build 3) - running FG 3.0.2 live.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I can still see the right-menu click option at 6 o'clock to "Exit Edit Mode". Are you running any extensions?
    I'm running the Adventure Deck, Savage Modern Theme, and SWFI v0.713. I unchecked the last one to see if that was the problem but it's still happening.

Next I'm going to create a New Campaign and see if that works.

Here is a screenshot using the right-click and it's not showing the "exit editing" option.

Attachment 6197

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale View Post
    What's the output of "/version" ? Actaully, more interested in what Trenloe's version is, as the edit mode (6 O'clock) menu option certainly isn't in my (development) copy of Savage Worlds either.

I note that updated rulesets go in for a padlock icon on the story entry to toggle edit mode, if that's not part of v3.5.0 (currently in the test channel) then I'll try and get that added in the next few days.
    I entered the Pathfinder ruleset and noticed the padlock. My version of Savage Worlds doesn't have it. I just updated also, so running latest version.

If you close the story entry and open it again is it still in edit mode?

Definitely something strange going on - can you make sure you do not have a SavageWorlds3 directory in your <FG App Data>\rulesets directory? If you do, delete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    If you close the story entry and open it again is it still in edit mode?

Definitely something strange going on - can you make sure you do not have a SavageWorlds3 directory in your <FG App Data>\rulesets directory? If you do, delete it.
    Okay, deleted SavageWorlds3.pak and now it does not show up ruleset options. When I try loading an existing campaign I get this error:

Attachment 6198

Quote Originally Posted by pjrake View Post
    Okay, deleted SavageWorlds3.pak and now it does not show up ruleset options. When I try loading an existing campaign I get this error:

Attachment 6198
    I was saying if you see a SavageWorlds3 "directory", delete that not the .pak file. The reason I asked this is that if there is a directory of the same name, the directory takes preference over the .pak file - so if there was an old version in directory form you would be running that. But, it sounds like that was not the issue judging by the error you get when deleting the .pak file.

Do an update to get the SavageWorlds3.pak file back. It still doesn't help the issue you're seeing.

Thread Information