FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by noelyuk View Post
    For example i've just purchased fantasy grounds via Steam but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to install the WFRP3 toolset which i've downloaded. Is this something to do with Steam? Or am I doing something wrong?
    There is really no difference between installing from Steam or the FG website as far as community rulesets (extensions and modules too) are concerned. Follow the instructions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...rview#Rulesets You get to the FG data folder by pressing the "FG App Data" folder icon in the top right of the FG launch screen.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    the community rulesets need to be manually installed.
    in windows explorer go to: %appdata%\fantasy grounds\rulesets (just type it in - it will work) and copy the ruleset there. you shoudl see other rulesets like 3.5.pak etc.
    if successful next time you launch fantasy grounds and go to New Campaign you should see your new ruleset listed there.
    have a look at these very quick videos for some tips on getting started as a GM - do not worry that they are Castles&Crusades - 94% of the stuff is generic - however it is written for CoreRPG rulesets and WFRP is not I dont think. Castles&Crusades - Getting Started

Just as an FYI - the version available in the Wiki is not the most recent. Get the most recent (v1.5.1 at time of writing) and documentation from the author's site here: https://41fe5a1fc81e590f4e8940c19b65...leplay-v3.html
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Guys

Firstly thanks ever so much guys for your help. I'm impressed with not only the speediness of your responses and the thorough nature of them. However i'm still not having much luck. Trenloe when I click on the data folder nothing happens. I assume it's supposed to navigate me to the contents but it doesn't do anything.

I should probably point out that I'm running it on mac osx. Therefore the stuff about windows explorer obviously doesn't apply.

Again thanks for the help and apologies if i'm being a bit special needs with this but I really can't fathom it out.

No luck with that so far. My fantasy grounds is a steam version and so when I first installed. Steam chose the location and handled all the wine skin stuff. I can't seem to find the wineskin.app in order to follow the instructions listed in this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ht=folder+wine. What am I doing wrong and can someone please point me in the right direction?? I'm on mac osx by the way.

Blog Entries
    hey noelyuk - developer ddavison did the steam mac port - might need to wait till he sees this thread...
    you can send an email to [email protected] as well.

Thanks Damned

I've emailed support so I guess I'll just play the waiting game which I might add is nowhere nearly as much fun as playing the game I really want to play lol

Okay Guys

So I've managed to install the ruleset. But have fallen at the very next hurdle. I noticed that there are fan created libraries and mods available e.g.

https://www.p-mi.com/prediger/rolepl...ic.php?f=1&t=5

I have downloaded the WFRP libraries and mods and placed them in the application data/fantasy grounds/modules folder as described but in game when I go to the modules button (the open book) the modules and libraries in question are not listed. I've been fiddling with this for hours? What am I doing wrong?

**UPDATE**

It's ok. I've solved it. It was a file naming issue. Had downloaded multiple copies of the .pak file so the one I was using had autorenamed to WFRP v3(1).pak. Once I removed the "(1)" and renamed back to WFRP v3.pak it's working fine. Thanks for the help
    Last edited by noelyuk; July 2nd, 2014 at 11:54. Reason: I fixed the issue.

Thread Information