DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

warhammer fantasy roleplay 3Rd edition

So is there anyone out there playing WFRP 3RD edition? I'm trying to get into playing this but it would seem that my regular group may not be interested. I love the star wars edge of the empire system and I know they both come from the same womb so I really want to give this a shot. If there is a GM out there that wouldn't mind running a one shot or a couple of sessions, I'd be way down to try. I already have the box set so I'm good to go in that regard, I just need to read up on the rules. Thanks all!

I'm kind of in the same boat as you, but I'd really like to try the Star Wars version more than the Warhammer version. Are either of these available for FG? I haven't seen them listed as available rule sets. But yeah, Fantasy Flight Games have been on a tear lately creating mechanically interesting RPG's, so I'd love to try it out. The Rogue Trader RPG sounds great too.

Edit: I hadn't looked through the forums in a while and it seems I was wrong about Star Wars. It looks like someone is making good progress toward a Star Wars rule set and module. Cool!
    Last edited by Cade; March 4th, 2014 at 16:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Cade View Post
    Edit: I hadn't looked through the forums in a while and it seems I was wrong about Star Wars. It looks like someone is making good progress toward a Star Wars rule set and module. Cool!
    The ruleset is there and completely playable, the module is useful as well but will always be limited due to copyright.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah I really want to play also.
    I am in: GMT -5 Eastern Standard Time USA, Florida

Okay, this is probably the stupidest question you'll get this month.

Looking at the ruleset, I like it but I cannot get a portrait onto a character sheet. When I click the portraits button the window opens but it appears blank, as if there were no files in the folder. I've made sure I have PNGs in the portraits folder, not sure what's wrong. Is it possible that an update messed up that part of the ruleset?

First world problem, I know but is there's an easy solution...

Quote Originally Posted by chillybilly View Post
    Looking at the ruleset, I like it but I cannot get a portrait onto a character sheet. When I click the portraits button the window opens but it appears blank, as if there were no files in the folder. I've made sure I have PNGs in the portraits folder, not sure what's wrong. Is it possible that an update messed up that part of the ruleset?
    A blank portraits window appears for me too. I've just tested on a FG 2.9.4 system and it worked OK, but not in FG 3.

Looking into it further, the problem seems to be with the sizelimits of the portraitselection_entry windowclass. This needs to have the <maximum> tag changed to <minimum>. i.e. in classes\utilities\portraits.xml the beginning of the windowclass definition for portraitselection_entry should be:
    Code:
    <windowclass name="portraitselection_entry">
    	<sizelimits>
    		<minimum>
    			<height>96</height>
    			<width>96</width>
    		</minimum>
    	</sizelimits>
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Wow. I really don't understand how you found that so quickly. Thank you!

Hi All.

Is anyone still looking for a game? Ransolot? Cade? Glacius? I've played and GM'ed WFRP 1st edition (albeit a long time ago). More recently I've got WFRP 3rd Edition and several expansions but short of me reading through them they've had little usage.

I've also got Fantasy Grounds, Map Tools, and a Roll20 account. Basically I have everything I need apart from the key ingredient. People.

I feel like the kid with a new football, full uniform and new boots. But no-one to play soccer with me.

Anyone with a game I can join? Though my preference would be WFRP any edition at this stage I'd be willing to play anything just to keep my hand in.

Failing that, does anyone fancy a game of soccer? :P

Noelyuk

While I'd happily be prepared to have a go at GM'ing a game 'in the flesh' as it were. I think the virtual aspect (ie not having got my head around either fantasy grounds or maptools yet) is what would prevent me from 'putting up my hand' as it were. For example i've just purchased fantasy grounds via Steam but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to install the WFRP3 toolset which i've downloaded. Is this something to do with Steam? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thread Information