STAR TREK 2d20

Need scenario-advice

Hi everybody,

I am a CoC-GM primarily, but now I own this new toy I want to try some other systems. I am in posession of the Pathfinder-rulebook, Bestiary and few modules, but to be honest, I am really not in the system. So here's the question: Is there any adventure-module in the fg-store you can recommend for Level-1-characters (I already downloaded the pregens from somewhere here - many thanks), that does not require in-depth-rules-knowledge and is well done from a fg-perspective (i.e. is not just a product of copy-and-paste but makes use of the special possibilities of fg and supports the DM in telling the story) and is short (playable in 4-5 hours), in short: a good adventure to start Pathfinde (beyond the build in adventure). [perhaps there is a thread already who answers that question - then a hint into the right direction would be great as I was not able to find something suitable.]

Thanks in advance and greeetings
    Hastur

Try 0one games Fangs from the Past - available in the store here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...id=OGMABP01FG2

It is designed for beginning GMs and players - it has a number of GM Tips throughout, has nice maps and tokens and is well put together. It may take you a little bit more than 4-5 hours (depending on how much you role-play in the opening scenes) but not much more I would imagine.

Or you could try one of the Adventureaweek.com scenarios - these are definitely 4-5 hour scenarios and are well put together with excellent maps and layout: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...23&y=16&sort=1

A0 and A1 are good one session scenarios - not a huge amount of GM advice, but they are pretty straightforward. A0 will probably be easier to run than A1 and will fit into 4-5 hours (I ran this at FG Con 2).

Also, if you didn't know, there is a scenario module that comes for free with FG - "Well Met in Kith'takharos" which is worth a look, but is more of a campaign area with some scenarios, but you could use it for a single session game. It was originally made for 3.5e, but will work fine for Pathfinder.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Many thanks for your help, Trenloe. I've bought all three. Look into them tomorrow.

Wow! You don't mess around!

PM me if you need any tips or guidelines - I also have all 3...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Adventure-a-week scenario A0 is available in web format for free here: https://adventureaweek.com/adventure...s-rest-island/

It includes some good background sound FX too.

If you would like to use the pre-generated characters I think I have them available in FG format and could let you have them.

EDIT: Oh, and there's some info on the Kith'takharos setting here: https://www.whitehairedman.com/kithtakharos

It would be really great if you could give me the pregenerated characters. On the store page is written, that the pregens are in the package but I am not able to find them (I think I cant find them because they are not there ;-)

The PC statblocks are here: https://adventureaweek.com/adventure...-Generated_PCs

Attached are the Fantasy Grounds XML output for the 4 PCs (all in one file). Use the import option from Manage Characters to import the file - or type /importchar in the chat window.

And again a big thank you to Trenloe. These files are very helpful!
    By the way, I've looked so far into the adventureaweek-com-scenario A0 and reshaped it slightly (they forget to put one crucial encounter into their convertion). It's not really what I would call an 'adventure' and a it is no challenge for an experienced GM and his players but it is a perfect start for new fg-users and pathfinder-noobs ;-)
    Greetings
    Hastur

Quote Originally Posted by Hastur View Post
    By the way, I've looked so far into the adventureaweek-com-scenario A0 and reshaped it slightly (they forget to put one crucial encounter into their convertion). It's not really what I would call an 'adventure' and a it is no challenge for an experienced GM and his players but it is a perfect start for new fg-users and pathfinder-noobs ;-)
    Yeah, it's meant as an introduction to the Adventure-a-Week campaign setting - getting the players to know about the locals and their customs and introduce some excitement in the boat journey to their new home. It can easily be ran in a single session and is not too taxing on the players and GM - a good way to start using the Fantasy Grounds VTT.

Thread Information