FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
    Just a head's up: I just noticed that there were 2 stupid bugs sitting around in the non-GM module (after one of the bugs bit me in the butt yesterday). So seeing how there hasn't been any other bugs reported in the year since it was released, I figured it was high time to fix those bugs and release what is probably the final version of this module. I know there must be other bugs in there, but it doesn't seem to be bothersome enough to cause anyone to report them here... so that's probably that.

I have uploaded the new version to the first post, and have updated the text to reflect it. If you use this module, I think it's worth re-downloading - check the release notes in the first post to see if you agree.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Blog Entries
    Hello.

Not sure what update has accomplished this, but currently any links in the CC that should pop-up with information in them (i.e. class abilities on the additional character class options), instead pop-up blank.

Also happens to races in the CC, however the spells section appears (thankfully!) unchanged.

Any hope this might be addressed soon-ish?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Not having looked at the GM CC mod, the data paths for the class/racial abilities changed and became more standardized , so it would require recreating the data in the proper format/data nodes, then ensuring the links work. Not difficult, but somewhat of a time sink. Not sure what dr_venture or Andraax for schedules.
    Ultimate License Holder

These are Dr_Venture's modules. Unless he asks me, I won't make changes. I just stopped using them a year or so ago, when I noticed they didn't work correctly with recent updates.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    These are Dr_Venture's modules. Unless he asks me, I won't make changes. I just stopped using them a year or so ago, when I noticed they didn't work correctly with recent updates.
    Unfortunately Dr_Venture is no longer a frequent visitor here - he still pops by but not very often any more. Real life has snafu'd him up.

Blog Entries
    Same thing is also happening to the Secondary Skills in the CKG FYI.

EDIT: The Outpost treasure parcels 3.02 and 4.03 throw when accessed from their Library entry:

"Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (treasureparcels : treasureparcels.id-00002@The Outpost)
    Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (treasureparcels : treasureparcels.id-00002@The Outpost)"

Edit 3: Same thing happening in the CKG Chapter 1: Expanding Characters - all the links are blank (i.e. look under the Barbarian and the abilities supposedly linked there).
    Last edited by JohnD; October 24th, 2017 at 08:02.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

Blog Entries
    And the links in Expanding Classes, which came out, what, six months ago, are also blank. This affects Mortar's work as well as I see him commenting above.

Solid enhancements of the ruleset here.

You can't even drag the blank entries to the character and cut/paste from a PDF. Eliminates the reason for forking out $ for the FG version completely.

I know C&C is a bit of an ugly step child compared to the 5e and Pathfinder Star Destroyers and Death Stars roaming the FG galaxy.

Things like this put me behind the 8 ball when I try to introduce 100% bonafide completely new people to C&C and FG in general and the session is full of "oops that's broken... ah this isn't working... oh it's the same problem the other book is showing... wait that's community content but this is actually paid content and it's happening there too...".

Hey trust me everything usually works nice and smoothly. Any chance you'll be back?

I don't know XML or LUA or whatever it is that is used. I envy those of you that can look at this stuff and just know what needs to be done, to the point of saying it's a lot of work, or it's a trivial fix. For my part, as a simple end user, I just know; does it work when I go to use it and; do I feel like I have received good value for what I've spent.

Ah, what's the point.
    Last edited by JohnD; October 24th, 2017 at 08:03.

- John Diefenbaker

Blog Entries
    And the links in Expanding Classes, which came out, what, six months ago, are also blank. This affects Mortar's work as well as I see him commenting above.

Solid enhancements of the ruleset here.

You can't even drag the blank entries to the character and cut/paste from a PDF. Eliminates the reason for forking out $ for the FG version completely.

I know C&C is a bit of an ugly step child compared to the 5e and Pathfinder Star Destroyers roaming the FG galaxy.

Things like this put me behind the 8 ball when I try to introduce 100% bonafide completely new people to C&C and FG in general and the session is full of "oops that's broken... ah this isn't working... oh it's the same problem the other book is showing... wait that's community content but this is actually paid content and it's happening there too...".

Hey trust me everything usually works nice and smoothly. Any chance you'll be back?

I don't know XML or LUA or whatever it is that is used. I envy those of you that can look at this stuff and just know what needs to be done, to the point of saying it's a lot of work, or it's a trivial fix. For my part, as a simple end user, I just know; does it work when I go to use it and; do I feel like I have received good value for what I've spent.

Ah, what's the point.

- John Diefenbaker

Here's an idea... why don't you create a thread and log specifics about issues with products, rather than have a "what's the point" rant. You know SmiteWorks will listen, so why not make it easier for them (and therefore more conducive to an actual fix) and provide details - which products, what the issues are and with which specific data, etc..

It'll probably take less time to do that too and be a much better use of your time.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    The much better use of my time would have been spending the last 45 minutes or so not recognizing things not working properly and actually spending that time on building my adventure.

But your advice is solid and has been followed.

There is an impression developing, however, where if it isn't a WotC 5e or Paizo Pathfinder release, things are way down the priority list. Perhaps that is wrong... perhaps that is closer to the truth than anyone wants to say.

- John Diefenbaker

Thread Information