STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Damned, I have a confession: I just found a campaign I was working on where I entered *all* of the CC monsters entered into FG. I know you've done a bunch of work (*ducks shoe thrown at head*), and I'd like to recognize that by using your data, if possible/practical. How far through the monsters are you right now, and what format are they in? Do they need to be converted into FG's XML format?
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Blog Entries
    dr_venture - i have done *nothing* to progress this since we last corresponded. my free FG time has been concentrated on FG Con 4 (man this hobby knows a hundred ways to suck up your free time).
    i could/would not finish my monster import/conversion until the week after FG Con runs which makes it about a month. If you have them use them.

No worries - I'll get on it as I have time. Thanks for the email
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Blog Entries
    with the excel file - i then have to transpose it and then I can import it straight into the database of NPC mod creator and it will spit them all out in a C&C module.

OK, I've updated the first post to have a link to the GM's version of the Crusader's Companion. It basically contains all the monsters... some of which are pretty cool, many of which are pretty high powered. Please let me know if you see any bugs in teh content of either module and I'll get it taken care of.

At this point I'm inclined to just leave these modules as they are, and develop them no further. There are a limited number of items that could be included, and a few pages of magic items. But most of the remaining content beyond that is textual in nature, and I see no reason why someone can't just download the PDF to read, rather than doing a lot of work to import and massage the content into FG format. Also, there is a limited audience of C&C gamers who even use this ruleset, so it's starting to seem like a lot or work for only a few of us.

The vast majority of the material that is most handy to have in drag-n-drop FG format has now been converted... that's good enough for me. If there are others who are particularly motivated to add additional content, let me know, and we can figure out how to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I'll look at updating the effects this weekend and upload another file. I think that I have everything from the CK Guide in there, but will check. Have a few based on the Advantages but certainly not all of them.
    JohnD, did you ever finish your Effects module? I'd love to get this into my regular game.

Blog Entries
    That's a good question. I'm using it but adding to it as my game requires something new. I'll have a look for the actual file and post a link to my Dropbox.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

So, I put both in my mods files but looking through the book, there seems to be things missing.. Spells I think.. Looks like this..

Anyone else have this issue. All I did was dl them. Change the .zip to .mod and put them in the mods folder..

Attachment 9598

I just double checked: you just need to activate the PHB... that's where the missing spells are drawn from. The relevant PHB spells that are included in the C&C (all of them, I guess?) are included in the CC for completeness and convenience. I like convenience.

Thread Information