Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

Using the beta version (3.0.4). I tried turning off all modules, same error. Also, I created a new campaign with no modules, same error.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    I'm getting a lot of errors like this with the race and class abilities:

Code:
    Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (ability : [email protected] Companion)
    It looks like the Castles & Crusades ruleset changes the "ability" windowclass to "ref_ability" in 3.0.4 (in campaign\record_ability.xml). There have been a few C&C fixes in 3.0.4 so this might well be part of those. But, it does mean that this module will need to be updated once 3.0.4 goes live...

FG Con 15 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So just to clarify, all I have to do is replace all the "ability" references to "ref_ability" and we're cool here on out? That's a super easy fix, of course.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Also, to clarify, unless FG handles this type of ability, every ability in a module create pre-3.0.4 is going to break when next version is released, I believe. That seems like something that should be handled automatically by the app, as I really don't want my old campaigns breaking next version. :P
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture View Post
    Also, to clarify, unless FG handles this type of ability, every ability in a module create pre-3.0.4 is going to break when next version is released, I believe. That seems like something that should be handled automatically by the app, as I really don't want my old campaigns breaking next version. :P
    Perhaps post this in the 3.0.4 beta thread for better clarification?

FG Con 15 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Will do so - you are everywhere at once, Tren - thanks, bud!

Will do so - you are everywhere at once, Tren - thanks, bud!
    Kinda spooky how Tren trounces out of the corners of the forum, isn't it?
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Andraax: I'm getting those same errors with the abilities in the PHB with 3.0.4 - are you seeing those, too?

That's really peculiar. Could you use your "blackbox testing hat" and reproduce the errors in the PHB? I'm not seeing any. Cheers, SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Andraax: I'm getting those same errors with the abilities in the PHB with 3.0.4 - are you seeing those, too?
    Yes. I have confirmed that the change to ref_ability has broken C&C for 3.0.4 (as you also did).

Thread Information