DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    Thanks Dr V for grabbing the bull by the horns and making CnC a much better ruleset in FG. Your hard work in greatly appreciated.
    If we do not succeed we risk the chance of failure.

Quote Originally Posted by dittotb View Post
    Thanks Dr V for grabbing the bull by the horns and making CnC a much better ruleset in FG. Your hard work in greatly appreciated.
    You just made my morning You're very welcome!
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture View Post
    You just made my morning You're very welcome!
    Extend the glory and make it your morning, afternoon, and evening. Then there's that warm fuzzy feeling as you drift off to sleep....
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Hey, I'm working through more of the Crusader's Companion - I have all the races done, and am about half way through all of the classes (there is some great stuff in there, as well as some not so great... but for free, I'll take it!). I wanted to get a sanity check on a couple issues from the community:

1) Am I correct in the belief that FG no longer has the different module share types - the GM simply decides what to share and with whom, and all modules are basically created equal in those terms?

2) I'm thinking that much like the old AD&D1e Dungeoneer's Survival Guide, the Companion's content should be split into a "Player's Section" and a "GM's Section"... where the spells, races, and classes should be potentially available to players, and the monsters, planes, world building, etc should be in the GM section. These would just separate the content into two modules which teh GM could share (or not) at his discretion. Does that sound right to you guys?

Assuming I'm on the mark with this, the current module will become the Player's Version and have all of the new material I'm working on wrapped into it. When damned has the monsters ready, will use that to start the GM's version. These are good times to be a C&C gamer
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Hey, I'm working through more of the Crusader's Companion - I have all the races done, and am about half way through all of the classes (there is some great stuff in there, as well as some not so great... but for free, I'll take it!). I wanted to get a sanity check on a couple issues from the community:

1) Am I correct in the belief that FG no longer has the different module share types - the GM simply decides what to share and with whom, and all modules are basically created equal in those terms?

2) I'm thinking that much like the old AD&D1e Dungeoneer's Survival Guide, the Companion's content should be split into a "Player's Section" and a "GM's Section"... where the spells, races, and classes should be potentially available to players, and the monsters, planes, world building, etc should be in the GM section. These would just separate the content into two modules which teh GM could share (or not) at his discretion. Does that sound right to you guys?

Assuming I'm on the mark with this, the current module will become the Player's Version and have all of the new material I'm working on wrapped into it. When damned has the monsters ready, will use that to start the GM's version. These are good times to be a C&C gamer
    The GM has full control over file sharing, from pictures to maps to library modules. A Player's "Guide" (sharable) and a GM's "Guide" (not-so-sharable) should be the way to go. And it's always a good time to be a C&C gamer! We just rule!
    Aliens.... Go fig?

You're correct - common.xml and client.xml no longer provide any specific functionality - it looks like the data is merged into essentially one db.xml file for the whole module and the players can see everything if the GM gives them access to the module.

This can give undesirable results in older modules that were created as both a player and GM resource - with different data in common.xml and db.xml. An example of this is the Call of Cthulhu "Using the Ruleset" module that has a common.xml file (to show a few subjects to the players) and a db.xml file (to show Keeper specific info). Now, if the players are given access to the module they can see the info meant for the Keeper as well as the players.

Therefore, as Scot has said, if you want to keep player and GM info separate, you'll need to have at least 2 modules - one for the players and one for the GM.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just an update to let you know that the latest release of this module has been posted, including all the races and classes & some associated tables, and making things a little easier to navigate. Have fun!

I'm getting a lot of errors like this with the race and class abilities:

Code:
    Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (ability : abilitylist.id-00028@Crusaders Companion)

Weeeird... I'm using it fine on my end. I created all of the abilities in FG and just reformatted them into a module instead of a campaign. I take it it's all the abilities? Also, are you using the latest beta? FWIW, I'm using the current release... what could be the difference between your setup and mine?

Try disabling all of you other modules and using only the CC - maybe there is some kind of conflict between modules?

Thread Information