STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Cool, Nickademus! The new effects king!

Hail to tha king baby.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Wow, this is fantastic, Nickademus! It's great that you keep extending this extension - it seems that effects can now do pretty much everything I've ever wanted them to!

I have a question, and a suggestion...

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Parsing the NPCs' types requires a standard format in the Type field of the NPC sheet using two-capital alignment (one capital 'N' for neutral) followed by size and type (subtype).
    Does this mean that the parsing won't work if the alignment isn't included at the start of the the Type field? In 3.5E, alignment doesn't appear in the Type field - it appears in the Alignment field instead (the Alignment tag still exists in PFRPG, and is populated in the bestiary mod). It would be great if this extension could work for 3.5E, too. Ideally, it would be able parse the Alignment field for 3.5E-style language (eg "Always neutral evil"), as well as the two-letter code, but just removing the requirement for the alignment to appear in the Type field would mean that the type parsing would work for 3.5E.

I think you're missing "magical beast" from your list of creature types.

I didn't know that Bob was a halfling!
    Last edited by Callum; March 11th, 2014 at 10:34.

I pulled out my 3.5e monster manual and indeed the alignment isn't in the type line. I'll add a switch for PF/3.5e for where it grabs alignment from based on the format from the WotC products (which should be what your modules use).

Magical beast is shorted to 'beast' and monstrous humanoid is shortened to 'monstrous' to keep the types at one word and avoid conflict.

As much as I beat on poor Bob, he must be a halfling. XD

Working to update both extensions to 3.0.3 right now.

Edit: I just checked the PF ruleset and I can't find a field where alignment is inputted for a new creature outside of the Type field. The modules have an alignment tag but I'm not seeing where it is used in the ruleset. I thought it might be parsed from the Type field on export but that is not the case either. It was probably manually created when the module xml was made by parsing the SRD content so it would show in 3.5e. Regardless, I'll have to use the Type field for PF so it will be able to grab the alignment of new NPCs created in the campaign. I will definitely add the 3.5e Alignment field as the source for 3.5e.
    Last edited by Nickademus; March 11th, 2014 at 14:48.

Updated for FG 3.0.3.

Added a stack tag so that players and GMs can keep a count of things in the combat tracker.

Version 1.8 isn't released since it doesn't have a new tag yet, but I wanted to keep you guys up to date on the changes and bug fixes in the new version.

Update Notes:
    • Spell subtypes not working in the AC: tag. Fixed.
    • Reworked spell subtypes to process separate from save type allowing a single type (i.e. reflex) and multiple subtypes.
    • Added '-spell' to some spell subtypes to differentiate damage types from spell types.
    • CL tag not working when not in first effect part. Fixed
    • Added 'all' as a knowledge type that modifies all knowledge checks.
    • Combined extension throwing errors for 'ExpandedEffectTags'. Fixed.
    • Added conditions to the IMMUNE: tag.
    Last edited by Nickademus; March 22nd, 2014 at 02:20.

Updated for version 1.8; a lot of bug fixes and a couple minor tags.

Feature Request: Character Level of the target of the effect as a separate tag. I'm really missing this (was in other VTTs I've used). It is the easy way to deal with con damage/buffs, barb rage and poisons for examples.

Any chance?

Carth

Could you explain in more detail? I have an extension for ability damage (and thus poison).

Thread Information