STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Do we have a way to put an effect somewhere on the character sheet/npc sheet and have it auto-applied when that character/npc is added to the combat tracker?

There no feature to do that currently. Effects only exist within the combat tracker.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Do we have a way to put an effect somewhere on the character sheet/npc sheet and have it auto-applied when that character/npc is added to the combat tracker?
    For NPCs some SQ entries are parsed when the creature is added to the combat tracker. Things like DR, energy resistance, fast healing and others are parsed out (if they are in the correct format).

But, as M_W say, auto applying effects is not available. The best you can do is create an effect in a spell class that is something like "Beginning Effects", "Apply me now" or whatever, and this has all of the effects relevant for the NPC/PC. The GM would have to manually go to each NPC/PC and click on the effect to add the beginning\always active effects.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Note: This extension does not work with v3.0.4 beta version, which will be released shortly. It causes many script errors, since the scripts it overwrites to add new functionality have changed.

Regards,
    JPG

How goes the update for this?
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Nick, are you abandoning this then? These were great add-ons!

The underlying code that this extension worked with has been changed. Some of the functions and variable no longer exist. I'm not going to relearn the architecture of FG just to update this. Smite Works was working on the code where my additions were. If they wanted any of them they would have put them in the ruleset code while they were there.

I personally believe some of the things I've done, such as ability damage and healing, passing caster level with saves and effects, and spell resistance effects, should have been in the base rulesets all along. If you want this stuff put in there by Smite Works, add it to the wish list. They already had the code available.
    Last edited by Nickademus; August 21st, 2014 at 01:58.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

With Nickademus's permission (thanks Nickademus) I've extracted the code just for the player effect removal functionality and made a separate extension that is compatible with 3.0.5 just for effect removal: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oval-Extension
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information