DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Character build help

4E isnt a ruleset I have much experience with and I am struggling with fighter builds. I am trying to make a tank, but he's pretty pants. The difference in hp/ac with the other classes in the party is pretty marginal. Does anyone have any good 10th level fighter or paladin builds or know where I could find them?
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

I typically start with the WotC forums, in the Character Optimization section. Specifically the Complete Collection of Character Build Links thread.

Well, technically I don't start there. I usually take my best shot at a given concept and once I feel like I've built a pretty good character, I'll check into that thread and compare/contrast with what's there. I'm basically trying to make sure I didn't miss something. Things like: a power that you just naturally assume is a Standard Action, but is in fact a Minor. Or another example is one big revelation that thread hipped me with: the invigorating* keyword. Never would've spotted that if not for that thread.

That being said, while the posts for a given class are certainly smart as hell and created by hardcore metagamers who know their stuff; do NOT take what they're saying as the gospel. I often find myself disagreeing with a given assessment of Power X or magic item Y. Then again, I'm also more of a concept builder than anything else. I'm usually not looking for a "good" build, I'm looking for what fits my vision of the character I'm building. Even when the power I'm choosing clearly sucks.

* Invigorating - If a creature has training in Endurance, it gains temporary hit points equal to its Constitution modifier when it hits with a power that has the invigorating keyword. No invigorating power grants temporary hit points more than once during a turn, even if the user hits more than once with that power.

Blog Entries
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thanks very much for the advice and links.
    I agree that character concept comes first, I keep getting flattened though. I am aiming for 'not pants' hehe.
    I will check out the links and do some twiddling
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Thread Information