DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 37 First 1234513 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir Scout View Post
    This doesn't work. Nor does a space or underscore. The error just says "Cannot find spell XML element with name <blindness> cannot parse this spell - skipping." When it skips this one, it also skips all other level 2 spells unless there's a line break after blindness/deafness.
    Yeah, I just spotted that yesterday while parsing out the NPCs for the Rise of the Drow Prologue. I've got a few very minor fixes to provide an update for - this will include blindness/deafness.

Also, it can't handle multiple metamagics. One enemy with quickened maximized magic missile got "Cannot find spell XML element with name <maximizedmagicmissile> cannot parse this spell - skipping."
    Multiple metamagics are on the list too...

Still thrilled I only have to fix a couple of spells on 20th level casters. Thanks!
    No worries - glad you find it useful.

It is definitely a case of keeping an eye on the output for indication of spell parse issues - which it is obvious you are.

Always double check the NPC once in FG to make sure all the spells have parsed out OK.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Have been using this parser for my last two adventure paths (great work by the way!) but have recently hit a snag. When trying to open the .mod file in Fantasy Grounds (PFRGP v3.0.2) created using V2.0.0.1 of the parser I get the following error.

Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file WotRFinalChapters:db.xml - Error on line 1894: Error reading end tag.

(The line number varies with each file)

I don't get any errors during the parsing barring a few unknown spells. I have tried re-parsing old .txt files that have worked before and their .mod files will not open anymore either. I have created .mod files successfully using V2.0.0.1 of the parser and am now at a loss. Those that I have created before work, but if I recreate them now they do not. Having spells selected or not makes no difference either. Could this have been caused by a Java update somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by alkathor View Post
    Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file WotRFinalChapters:db.xml - Error on line 1894: Error reading end tag.
    This is due to the formatted text on the other tab not being formatted correctly with the tags FG uses for formatting that breaks the base module XML.

The best thing to do is remove an NPC one-by-one from the statblock file you are parsing to find which one is causing the problem. It is more than likely a spellcaster or a creature with spell like abilities - and the spell lists in the statblock may not conform to the usual Paizo standard. The format the parser needs is the Paizo statblock standard, have a look at some statblocks from Bestiary 1 that have spells/spell like abilities to see the format that the parser expects. Good examples are:
    https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/...el-astral-deva
    https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/...l#_angel-solar
    https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/...html#_rakshasa
    https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/..._azata-lillend

Pay attention to the level headings and also the order - it should be highest to lowest, and 0 level should be "0 (at will)-"

Another thing to look for is an additional spell like abilities entry based off a cleric domain, sorcerer bloodline, wizard school, etc.. These are not actually spell like abilities, they should be moved to the special attacks/SQ section. Paizo did this in some older statblocks and I've seen other publishers do it.

If you are familiar with XML - once you identify which statblock is causing the issue, you could open up the db.xml in the module and look at the XML for the NPC with the issue - the XML error is more than likely in the <text type="formattedtext"> section of the NPC. Managing to spot where the XML tag issue is might give you a an idea of where the issue in the statblock is - usually the formatting of spell or spell like abilities, or special abilities.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

What is the source of your NPCs? Is it a Paizo PDF or another publisher?

Paizo PDF's. Specifically Wrath of the Righteous, Kingmaker, Worldwound, NPC Codex and Mythic Adventures. I've tried individual NPC's and even the Example Creature File.txt included with the parser, all with the same error. I did successfully use v2.0.0.1 on books 2 and 3 of WotR but re-running the parser on those text files creates an unusable .mod file (lucky I kept the working ones). I have tried removing and re-installing as well with no change. Interestingly it does remember where my parsing files are kept after an unistall so I'm wondering if there's a corrupt file that doesn't get removed floating around somewhere that I need to blow away.

Can you attach an example .txt file and the resulting .mod file so I can check them both?

Sure, thought this one would be the easiest since it's the example. I'm currently re-installing .NET to see if that helps.

Thanks for your time with this!

Quote Originally Posted by alkathor View Post
    Sure, thought this one would be the easiest since it's the example. I'm currently re-installing .NET to see if that helps.

Thanks for your time with this!
    Try using this one: Attachment 6395

There were 2 cases of "Domain spell like abilities" (Deandre and Grine) that I have removed and moved the domain abilities to special attacks.

I've parsed this OK with the 2.0.0.1 parser.

Thanks a lot for the help. It was indeed caused by multiple spell-like ability slots (Half breeds having separate lists for each race in particular for WotR). Must have just gotten lucky previously to not get caught out.

I feel like I should have been able to figure it out myself but I appreciate the assistance greatly.

Trenloe, I've noticed an issue with multi-weapon attacks. The Paizo stat block lists these with the penalties included, which makes them correct for importing into FG's Full Attack field, but not the Attack field.

Thread Information