DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 37 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I just found this wonderful utility. Thanks for your hard work on this.

Stat blocks with "XP" in the creature name fail to parse. For example "ARCANE EXPERIMENTER CR 13".

does 2.0.0.1 have the fix for Blindness/Deafness? I seem to be hitting this issue and haven't been able to figure out a rename that gets around it.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    does 2.0.0.1 have the fix for Blindness/Deafness? I seem to be hitting this issue and haven't been able to figure out a rename that gets around it.
    I PM'd you a test version on June 6th - V2.0.0.6 that has a fix.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Stat blocks with "XP" in the creature name fail to parse. For example "ARCANE EXPERIMENTER CR 13".
    Thanks for the heads-up - this issue was caused by a change in the parser to handle Combat Manager statblocks which have a slightly different format for the XP line. I'll look to move the checking for XP to the beginning of the line - so then there will only be issues with creatures called Xperimenter or similar...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I PM'd you a test version on June 6th - V2.0.0.6 that has a fix.
    Can you send it again, I can't find it. I'd like to have the XP fix as well. Thanks!

It's great that you've been adding domains, and other stuff to the spell list. The one I commonly run into is the summon universal monster ability. I think that one would be relatively easy to special case, because you don't really need to build a full spell for it. Just make the title of the spell the full summon text, such as "summon (level 4, 1 babau 35%)" and get the uses/day correct (at least that's how I do it). You don't really need to add casts or effects for that one, just build a mostly-empty spell. I'm sure you've already thought about how to do it. In my mind, that's the last bit of 'noise' that the parser is generating right now.

Blog Entries
    It probably should have an effect with a duration, at least that's how I did it when I manually built it into Summonable Monsters... even though summoned monsters cannot actually summon anything.... hrm.. why'd I do that.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

I'll think about how to do it. I'm certainly not going to over complicate it as that leads to the possibility of too much breaking, so will more than likely look at something like what Darren says above.

I have attached a problematic file that is causing the parser to just hang. No errors reported, but it gets done with the first pass over the file and then the app becomes unresponsive and I have to kill it. Since it isn't producing any errors, and the log and fpf files appear clean to me, I'm leaving this in your capable debugging hands. This is with v2.0.0.8 you sent me.

Attachment 7168

Thread Information