Page 5 of 36 First ... 3456715 ... Last
  1. #41
    Trenloe;

    As a stumbling Newbie, I offer a most humble bow and salute for your work here. Its in fact due to the community of FG that I committed myself to and brushed away the remaining pretenders in the VTT industry.

    Earlier today I wasted a good hour writing a post complaining about how this parser wouldn't let me input spells and/or modify them for NPCs and was in the process of taking/formatting screenshots to supply some visuals in case I had missed something; I was nearly done when while taking a screenshot of the parser itself and noticed this little button off to the top right called "Parse Spells". Hmm...wonder what happens if I check that and run the parse?

    /em does the happy chair dance

    Then I was going to bitch about not being able to edit or format the npc. Hey what's this little padlock do? more chair dancing. I mention this to show only that I'm not exaggerating when I say I'm a newb despite having burned through most of my vacation watching video tuts. (If only most of them weren't with the most vile of vilest systems of 4E).

    However, with sugar comes some sour right?

    I ran into a rather vexing problem (for me it at least it is very vexing). Feats.

    PF has a crapton of them, and though I've enabled all the modules in that most excellent sticky, they seem to only be drag-n-drop for PCs. I realize that the pro PF GM's have all feats memorized, including which book, page number, year of release, and playtest variants... but sadly I'm not one of those. I'm interested in the same feature that exists for spells and even PCs Feats, to be present for NPCs, namely to have the feats linked so that if I draw a blank on a feat, I can just click the link like I do with the spells and become enlightened thereby. Is there some setting within the parser that I'm missing that would make feats a link?

    I even tried to do this by hand on the NPC tab to no avail, which is seriously irksome. If anyone has any tips on how to deal with this it'd be much appreciated.

    Finally: I noticed when parsing spells that most seem covered, but every now and then one slips through, especially if its a metamagic prepped one. Is there any way to submit a report of which ones those are to lend a hand with continued development of the tool?

  2. #42
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    23,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker1728 View Post
    I ran into a rather vexing problem (for me it at least it is very vexing). Feats.

    PF has a crapton of them, and though I've enabled all the modules in that most excellent sticky, they seem to only be drag-n-drop for PCs. I realize that the pro PF GM's have all feats memorized, including which book, page number, year of release, and playtest variants... but sadly I'm not one of those. I'm interested in the same feature that exists for spells and even PCs Feats, to be present for NPCs, namely to have the feats linked so that if I draw a blank on a feat, I can just click the link like I do with the spells and become enlightened thereby. Is there some setting within the parser that I'm missing that would make feats a link?
    It's on my list of development items - if I can do it with a good success rate. Also the Universal Monster rules entries.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker1728 View Post
    I even tried to do this by hand on the NPC tab to no avail, which is seriously irksome. If anyone has any tips on how to deal with this it'd be much appreciated.
    You can add them as links in the "Other" tab. In edit mode right click and select Paragraph Types -> Link and then drag the feat entry to the link box that has appeared.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker1728 View Post
    Finally: I noticed when parsing spells that most seem covered, but every now and then one slips through, especially if its a metamagic prepped one. Is there any way to submit a report of which ones those are to lend a hand with continued development of the tool?
    List the metamagic feats in this thread and I'll add them to the development list.


    FG Product Development status: Pathfinder Playtest Ruleset and add-ons: In development. Pathfinder Bestiary, Pathfinder Bestiary 2, Pathfinder Bestiary 3 (in store).

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's on my list of development items - if I can do it with a good success rate. Also the Universal Monster rules entries.
    That'd be awesome!


    You can add them as links in the "Other" tab. In edit mode right click and select Paragraph Types -> Link and then drag the feat entry to the link box that has appeared.
    Oh wow. That deserves a giant pizza sized cookie of thanks. This humble Padawan appreciates the power of such a subtle tip greatly


    List the metamagic feats in this thread and I'll add them to the development list.
    Will do, I didn't save that test run of parsing as I was teaching myself how to use the tool, but I'll be sure to post whatever I find. Thanks for all the work

    Um, totally forgot the set of meta magic spells I've encountered so far, sorry about that lack of sleep catching up with me.
    1. Metamagic Extend (any communal spell-I.E. Protection vs Evil, Arrows). Most likely because the communal spells mentioned aren't part of the PFRPG spell book.
    2. Metamagic Heighten: Disintergrate
    Last edited by Seeker1728; May 21st, 2014 at 04:08.

  4. #44
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    23,074
    Currently metamagic is matched on just 4 names: "extended", "quickened", "maximized", "empowered" - it will not match "Metamagic Extend" it would need to be "extended".

    I will be adding to this list in a future release.

    Note: matching the metamagic name will not alter the effects under the spell, it will purely match the spell and include the metamagic label at the statblock assigned spell level. It is up to the GM to change the actual effects of the spell to take into account the metamagic label.


    FG Product Development status: Pathfinder Playtest Ruleset and add-ons: In development. Pathfinder Bestiary, Pathfinder Bestiary 2, Pathfinder Bestiary 3 (in store).

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  5. #45
    I finally got a chance to play with this and love it!

    I did have a question though, have you thought about possible adding the ability to parse these DB?

    http://www.pathfindercommunity.net/h.../full-bestiary
    http://www.pathfindercommunity.net/home/databases/npcs

    Would love to have a full Bestiary with all spells and abilities already done (usually takes up 1/2 of my prep time), but i'm balking at going through and manually building the text file to parse out, and these DB's are regularly updated so it would be simple to continually update with newer info. Anyways still a very awesome tool!

  6. #46
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    23,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Trashkicker View Post
    I did have a question though, have you thought about possible adding the ability to parse these DB?

    http://www.pathfindercommunity.net/h.../full-bestiary
    http://www.pathfindercommunity.net/home/databases/npcs

    Would love to have a full Bestiary with all spells and abilities already done (usually takes up 1/2 of my prep time), but i'm balking at going through and manually building the text file to parse out, and these DB's are regularly updated so it would be simple to continually update with newer info. Anyways still a very awesome tool!
    I've considered it when I get through doing a few updates to the parser. However, there are "format issues" with some of the data in the databases that results in about 5-10% of the creatures not coming across fully into FG and this has stopped me looking at these databases at the moment.


    FG Product Development status: Pathfinder Playtest Ruleset and add-ons: In development. Pathfinder Bestiary, Pathfinder Bestiary 2, Pathfinder Bestiary 3 (in store).

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  7. #47
    Blackfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    3,965
    Blog Entries
    4
    I am working on updating my Summonables modules to include the spell features now available... quick question about the parser...
    You aren't actually doing any building of the pieces of the spells right? (effects, damage, cast, heal) That's all being done by FG once the creature is created?
    I'm not seeing anything in the parsed creature that seems to be directing this sort of traffic.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

  8. #48
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    23,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    You aren't actually doing any building of the pieces of the spells right? (effects, damage, cast, heal) That's all being done by FG once the creature is created?
    Correct, essentially it is the same as dragging all of the spells from the library into the PC, FG attempts to parse the spell description to create effects.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    I'm not seeing anything in the parsed creature that seems to be directing this sort of traffic.
    A flag is set in each NPC spellset record <parse type="number">1</parse> that forces an FG parse of the spells when the NPC is opened (NPCs with a lot of spells can take a few seconds top open).


    FG Product Development status: Pathfinder Playtest Ruleset and add-ons: In development. Pathfinder Bestiary, Pathfinder Bestiary 2, Pathfinder Bestiary 3 (in store).

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  9. #49
    darrenan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sammamish, WA
    Posts
    933
    Is it just me, or is the spell parsing broken now in 3.0.4? Seems like all the healing and damage entries are empty now and I'm having to go back and manually fix them for all my NPCs. (perhaps this should go into a different thread, sorry)

  10. #50
    It's probably the expanded effect tags extension, which needs to be updated for v3.0.4.

    Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in