5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    The mode I currently have it set to highlights the character whose turn it is clearly. When selecting a player, a grey silhouette appears around that token. When attempting to target an enemy token, it doesn't appear to do anything. Any normal automation features (attacks, CMD etc etc) don't work.

I admit, I haven't been using the system as frequently for the last couple updates and there are definitely some new changes for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KhybersGhost View Post
    The mode I currently have it set to highlights the character whose turn it is clearly. When selecting a player, a grey silhouette appears around that token. When attempting to target an enemy token, it doesn't appear to do anything. Any normal automation features (attacks, CMD etc etc) don't work.
    Sorry, simple question - but I have to ask to be sure... When the player is selected (with the grey silhouette) does the player use CTRL+Left-Click to target? They have to hold down CTRL to target, just clicking will not target any more.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hmm. Maybe this was just a change then since I last did a game. CRTL clicking seems to target correctly. (Drawing an arrow between the PC and the indicated target)

The silhouette I was referring to was only from the GM side. If the CTRL target method is the current normal method then it seems to be working as intended.

The silhouette I was referring to was only from the GM side. If the CTRL target method is the current normal method then it seems to be working as intended.
    Yep, CTRL+Click is the FG 3.0 method. See post #2 here for more info on targeting: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...4-Release-v3-0
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Awesome. Thanks!
    No worries.

The changes to targeting in FG 3.0 is definitely one of the main points of confusion.

FG hangs when enabling network diagnostics. This seems to be affecting both 3.0.2 and 3.0.3, but should be looked into as it's a useful feature to have on, but not when it freezes the GM-client: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post169635

Please turn off network diagnostics. It is only needed when debugging a network issue. It adds a disk operation for every network packet, which is way slower than network interactions.

Regards ,
    JPG

Updates

• [CoreRPG/3.5E/PFRPG/4E/5E/Numenera] Optimized graphic files
    • [CoreRPG+] Converted campaign note records to use formatted text field to allow richer player notes.
    • [CoreRPG+] Delete buttons require two clicks to confirm deletion.
    • [CoreRPG+] If link on table is a link to another table, a roll will be made on referenced table instead of the table record being posted to chat.
    • [CoreRPG+] Removed mouse double-click client option, since implementation was sporadic, many rolls did not work correctly when set to mod, and rolls can be dragged directly and thrown.
    • [5E] Added ammo field and counter for ranged weapons.
    • [5E] Add reactions section to NPC records and CT entries.
    • [3.5E/PFRPG] Spell damage check box in spell damage rolls reversed. Fixed.
    • [5E] Spell DC not calculating correctly from Group ability. Fixed.
    • [DEV] formattedtextcontrol - Add text attribute support for empty tag.
    • [DEV] stringcontrol - Add text attribute support for empty and static tags.
    • [DEV] Formattedtext field empty tag not displaying correctly. Fixed.
    • [DEV] buttoncontrol - setIcons and setStateIcons functions not updating display correctly. Fixed.

JPG

What happens in the new notes feature if you create a link to a GM-shared window, you subsequently close that window, but then you click on the hot link in your notes. Will you see the shared window again or must the GM re-share it to you?

Thread Information