DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chillybilly View Post
    Any idea when/if this ruleset will be upgraded? With the combat tracker not working, it's a waste of $28. This is the first purchase I've made with FG that has me pretty unhappy. I'm not sure why they are charging money for it doesn't really work and there's no support.

I've actually got better support from people on some free extensions than this set I paid money for.
    Are you sure Combat Tracker doesnt work? There are still plenty of people using BRP on FG3...

My players cannot see status effects of NPCs, they cannot see hit points, etc. Also, errors pop up when the GM enters status effects onto the combat tracker.

It basically makes this ruleset unplayable. I've posted in this part of the forum and the House of Healing without any kind of response from Fantasy Grounds so I think they realize it's broken and have just decided to ignore it.

It's difficult to believe because they are so incredibly responsive on all other facets. I've had nothing but wonderful things to say about this product but, yeah, this ruleset was a bad investment.

My players cannot see status effects of NPCs, they cannot see hit points, etc. Also, errors pop up when the GM enters status effects onto the combat tracker.
    I'm not sure if the player view of the Combat Tracker was ever designed to show NPC details beyond name and DEX.

The error you're seeing is certainly annoying...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I do appreciate the response, thank you!

Is there anything you can point me to that might help me fix the combat tracker or even modify it so players can see status effects? Actually, I dno't care if they see everything the GM see.

Is there anything you can point me to that might help me fix the combat tracker or even modify it so players can see status effects? Actually, I dno't care if they see everything the GM see.
    Open scripts\combattracker_entry.lua and find the following entry:
    Code:
    -- stats values (hp/pp)
    if PreferenceManager.load(Preferences.CombatTracker.ShowStatsPref)==Preferences.Yes and tp=="pc" then
      hp.setVisible(true);
      wounds.setVisible(true);
      pp.setVisible(true);
    else
      hp.setVisible(isowner);
      wounds.setVisible(isowner);
      pp.setVisible(isowner);
    end
    Comment out the above code and add the following:
    Code:
    -- added to show info to players
    hp.setVisible(true);
    wounds.setVisible(true);
    pp.setVisible(true);
    This will show the HP, Wounds and PP for all entries in the combat tracker to both the players and GM.

I'm working on the combattracker Unable to create window error when an effect is added.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'm working on the combattracker Unable to create window error when an effect is added.
    The issue is that the code that is creating a new effect window is being allowed to run on the player side, when it should only run on the GM.

Open scripts\combattracker_effects.lua and change the checkForEmpty() function to be as follows (the additions are added in red):
    Code:
    function checkForEmpty()
    	if User.isHost() then 
    	  if not disablecheck then
    		local found = false;
    		for k, v in ipairs(getWindows()) do
    		  if v.label.getValue() == "" then
    			found = true;
    			break;
    		  end
    		end
    		if not found then
    		  disablecheck = true;
    		  local w = createWindow();
    		  disablecheck = false;
    		end
    	  end
    	end
    end
    This only runs the code on the GM side and so avoids the error appearing on the player side when a GM adds a new effect.

Trenloe, I can't thank you enough for this work you did.

Not only me but my players who are very excited about this campaign I'm running (which really needed this ruleset because it was so easy to customize to fit the rules). I would have never been able to figure this CT stuff out on my own. I know you probably get thanked for your coding expertise and time spent fixing other people's problems but please believe me when I tell you that you've made a real difference for me and my players.

Thanks very much once again!
    Last edited by chillybilly; April 29th, 2014 at 14:33.

Blog Entries
    Trenloe is a bit of a star....

Now - its time for you and your players to sign up for one of the BRP sessions running at FG Con.

Serenity/Firefly https://www.fg-con.com/events/uh-what-was-that/
    Star Frontiers https://www.fg-con.com/events/star-frontiers-brp/

Remember - until you login and set your timezone all events are shown in UTC.
    Login and set your timezone and all games will be shown in your timezone.

Yes, he really is. He's helped me out before. In fact, I "must spread some reputation around before giving it to him again."

Thread Information