STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567
    I must have missed it too. I assure you, Ryliss is the weakest of the characters I have made. He won't even get 2nd-level spells until 5th level.

But if something has happened that makes the campaign unable to be run, that's that.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Ah, well sadness.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

I'm not sure what happened. I am still interest4ed In the game very much. Don't know if somehow I did something as it relates top my character posting here. Still working on the specifics so I can get it off to you.

I thin were all interested but not sure what's going on. Let me know if you in for running this. Sounds like your style of DM'n is very player inclusive In the making of the adventure as it unfolds and that has me looking forward ot this. Not at all used to Eberron other than having played DDO and it being I nan Eberron setting some of the things are familiar but I have never played in Eberron setting so its fresh. If my ignorance in this is throwing you off I can back out and nothing more need be said.

Again, I'm just putting it on hold for now. Nobody but myself is to blame. If anything, my conversations with everyone have called attention to the fact that I need to do a bit more preparation before diving into this project. Once it's in a better spot I will re contact people to see if there is still interest and hopefully, on my end, there will be a clearer picture of house rules and expectations for players. I'm guessing a month or so.

Damb, I'm sorry I made the comment about thinking we were supposed to make strong characters. I just saw the 5 level build he was making and it seemed like it was build for some specific reason and used ToB which I've always had problems with being too strong as a GM.

Was scared that my simple rogue was going to be rather useless compared to other characters.

All I intend to do is try playing a dual sword wielding Ranger type. I really liked the fact that as a DM you were much more into the play of the way things unfold for the players and less what does the rules say about this and that type. If we spend all our time conversing about the other players can and cants rather then letting the DM just say the results of the action and playing it out we lose fluidity and the main reason we are all so fond of AD&D/Pathfinder. Or am I to far out there in believing anyone is still left that enjoys Playing the game as their own character and watching how things unfold?

Seems I'm a bit frustrated with people poking there play-styles into my characters or suggesting the next action for a fellow player that its oozing out in this post. I just like ot play the game and let the things unfold and enjoy each and everyone around me doing what they do and seeing how it all ends up each session.

I don't disagree with you Jerry. One of the reason for trying to stay in game for rp communication is it cuts down on that immersion breaking over coordination.

As far as your character, a valenar Ranger (or warblade) is a solid choice for eberron (imho)

If you stay interested PM me periodically and I'll happily give you updates.

There are lots of different players out there, just pick some that you think would like to play with. I can tell you at least Mgrancey is telling the truth about out growing power gaming as I've been in a few games with him =P. Am sure can name some others *shrug*. But your right, that's why random groups are such a toss up. I have been in a few damn good ones and some really bad ones (typically the bad ones don't last long at all....).

On the positive side uber characters make it where combats are less deadly as well as quicker, which means you can spend more time on the good stuff, lol.

Hell I've never played in Eberron before and had no idea this was going to be considered a power character. I just researched out characters styles I like to use (i.e. monk's, rogues and Rangers and came across a suggested build and posted it as something that looked like it would meet the theme after they discussed the elves that fight with scimitars. LoL ...I was looking forward to this campaign and learning Eberron as well -sigh-

Blog Entries
    Calling out to all you 3.5E gamers looking for a weekend of gaming! Make sure you check your timezone - unless you are logged in and set your timezone the games will show in UTC! We have 3 Oriental Adventures themed sessions running at FG Con 4 that need 1-4 extra players. You can play in one or all sessions.

https://www.fg-con.com/events/the-ma...odate-part-13/

You are all Ronin.

Regardless of whether you were a Samurai, a Ninja, or a Monk, you have been labelled by the people as a Ronin and your deaths are commanded by High Ecclesiarch. Set in the nation of Preseria (a fantasy analogue of feudal Japan) where the ‘old ways’ had persisted for centuries, only to fall prey to a new, progressive movement known as the Ecclesiarchy. With their powerful evangelism and tempting lifestyle they have raised the masses that were once satisfied with their simple lives against their former lords and created civil war.

This war tore across Preseria and culminated in the capture and execution of the King and his Lords. The leader of the Ecclesiarchy adopted the rule of the nation and cast all ties to the old ways as sinful and decadent, demanding that the death of the old ways are the only way to secure a rich and prosperous future. The Ninja were hunted, those who survived forced from their hidden lairs with weapons of fire and thunder.

The Samurai were marched to the city and town squares, where they faced an honour less death at the hands of the common warriors and their alien ‘guns’. The monks fought for their monasteries with the fierce yet harmonious fighting for which they were renown, but even their temple fortresses were burnt to ash. The survivors of the old ways gathered in the wilderness, casting aside their former hatreds for the sakes of survival, but even then they were chased and hounded. You are one of these survivors, no matter your former profession you have been disgraced and named Ronin by the Common Army.

Though your death seems inevitable there is hope, for the Samurai training grounds still stand. A huge fortress town that is defensible, has supplies enough for an extended siege, and has offered invitations to the survivors of the old ways. This haven is called Kakunodate

- This game will be run using D&D 3.5
    - Characters will be provided and will be at level 10
    - This game will be combat heavy but there will be plenty of opportunity for role-playing.
    - This game is set to run for 3 (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) with a session for each day, listed as different events.
    - Up to 6 player slots available.

If you can’t make all 3 games that’s fine as there are literally hundreds of potential characters in the survivors heading towards the objective.

Thread Information