STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    They're too busy playing Savage Worlds ;-)
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    They're too busy playing Savage Worlds ;-)
    There is room for both!
    (Que up "Ebony and Ivory")

Blog Entries
    Hehe Just teasing you buddy. I've been reading the Hellboy GURPS sourcebook.
    How did your FG Con game go?
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

I been busy running my long running open world gurps deadlands game. sofar it has been a real blast.

Well, we just keep quietly playing!

What did you want to discuss?

What GURPS campaigns are out there underway right now? Could you host a one-shot or FG-Con game for we non-regulars to have a chance to get into the GURPs saddle once again? For GMing, do I have to enter everything except the character sheet?

Note that SJ Games signed a IP deal with play by post app Storium to allow official support for In Nomine. I wonder if they'd soften on GURPs?

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    What GURPS campaigns are out there underway right now? Could you host a one-shot or FG-Con game for we non-regulars to have a chance to get into the GURPs saddle once again?
    I run a small game with my old high school/college friends. It's gritty fantasy, set in the Karameikos. We're not open to any newcomers at the moment, sorry.

For GMing, do I have to enter everything except the character sheet?
    ****EDIT: In hindsight, I think it is important to know that I have no knowledge or experience in modifying ANYTHING with FG.****

Well, Gurps has always been pretty light on the published modules side of things. From what I see of folks talking about DnD 5.0 with all the parsers and monster manual etc, I can say that Yes, the Gurps ruleset does NOT have any of that.

Since Gurps tends to modularize in terms of optional realism (basic set armor, low tech armor, instant armor anyone?), I can see that it would be a difficult problem in what is brought in and how. Not to mention all the alternate magic systems etc. I guess the first step would be to determine the additional "basics" that would be useful to have.

What were you thinking about having in addition to the character sheet?

I would find it useful to have the hit locations brought in, at least in terms of damage done to a PC/NPC. The combat tracker is great, but it is hard for me to remember, which of the 10 kobolds has a crippled hand, or a chopped off foot etc.

Note that SJ Games signed a IP deal with play by post app Storium to allow official support for In Nomine. I wonder if they'd soften on GURPs?
    What does "official support" actually mean for play-by-post? What functionality is added?

When I GM, I use Savage Worlds. Not because it is in any way superior to GURPS, just because I know it well enough. I can make a SW character in five minutes tops! All well and good. However, when I make a GURPS character, it takes me considerably longer, for two reasons. First, I am not an expert in GURPS. Secondly, there is so much more available to me. GURPS characters can be way more complex and rewarding. Both systems have much to recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    What does "official support" actually mean for play-by-post? What functionality is added?
    See here for info: https://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/...ne_For_Storium
    https://storium.com/help/creating-a-game

I don't think functionality is added to Storium, but rather Storium's functionality can access SJ Games IP.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

What GURPS campaigns are out there underway right now? Could you host a one-shot or FG-Con game for we non-regulars to have a chance to get into the GURPs saddle once again? For GMing, do I have to enter everything except the character sheet?

what type of genre or setting interests you?
    the con it out of my schedule but I would be happy to host a one shot.

Thread Information