DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Sundered Skies issues

So, I'm about to run a Sundered Skies campaign and I'm a touch concerned. One of the reasons I've been enthusiastic about Savage Worlds, touting its praise over other virtual table top systems/sites like Role20 and the like, is the product support. The fact that rather than going in and manually including macros and what not, everything is already implemented when you pick up a rules set. You don't have to do the grunt work of creating inventory items or even adventure entries in some cases, making it well worth effectively buying a product a second or third time (I.e. I have the physical copies of the Sundered Skies books, the PDF's, and now the rules extensions).

Unfortunately, it seems the Sundered Skies extension isn't very well supported.

The 3.4 update for Savage Worlds seems to have broken the Skyships functionality, rendering them effectively worthless as a customizing option or for opening up the skyships included in the rules. I can certainly go and type them up manually as a vehicle entry, but it's still irksome nonetheless. Additionally, it seems equipment is still not available in any sort of drag and drop fashion, effectively reducing it to a collection of tables I could get from the PDF and physical books I already own. Maybe I'm spoiled by the 3.5 and Pathfinder Rules Sets, but it seems like a basic feature that should have been implemented a while ago.

Does anyone know if there are any plans to update these? Or should I just shut up and learn to deal?

There has been some minor instability around Savage Worlds on the new FG version 3.0, which I notice moon_wizard has pushed out a patch to address now.

However, this in turn does mean there might be some minor instability of extensions running on top of Savage Worlds - perhaps the broken skyships are one such thing ?

Could you type what the results of entering "/version" in the chat window is ? Just to make sure we're checking the right code - as FG is a Smiteworks product, Savage Worlds in mine, and Sundered Skies is Doswelk's, it's important that we investigate using the correct versions ! Actually, it might be Sundered skies doesn't report a version (my copy doesn't, but I think mine is out of date) but let us know anyway, and I'll get in contact with the other parties now to see if we can get a quick fix going.

Savage Worlds is still well supported, but sometimes the end user ends up being the bug reporter when versions shift. We try to get as many as we can beforehand, and then react fast enough to not make those that get through too painful !

Regards,
    Ben
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Alright, I'll post the results when I get a chance. Thanks for the response though!

It's Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.4.2 (Build 3)
    This is without the fan made extensions, still had nothing. Just a blank box where the ship information is supposed to be, when you right click, the only option available is an axe.

Yep it's broken in 3.02....

I'll have to look when I get home from work...
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Fixed

It may take a little while before it can be downloaded from Smiteworks, PM and I can send it over direct.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Just updated the theme in the updater (i.e. use login in Settings, and it should auto-update). Please let me knwo if it's not working.

JPG

Thread Information