STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: PDF to MOD ?

PDF to MOD ?

I have see a few posts referring to a utility that would parse a PDF but I haven't had any luck finding anywhere of the forums. I have a DDI account and have no problem Downloading all the data but what I would like to do is have a separate module for each Book as I have seen on the videos. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The only parsers are for the Compendium, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by mattcolville View Post
    The only parsers are for the Compendium, as far as I know.
    Thank you. Yeah I am starting to figure that out. Little disappointed. I liked how the one gentleman had the books broken down by chapter and everything on the youtube videos.

Zeus is working on a new parser (Par5E), that he wrote as a basis for building new modules from the 5E Playtest documents. He was writing the parser so that it could be adapted to parsing other systems as well, if someone wanted to write the bits of custom code specific to support each game system. It's quite an effort and takes some technical knowledge to write the custom code, but after that, the module building can be done from copying and pasting to text files.

Regards,
    JPG

The original 4E parser, Tenian's, was first done with mark up and would still work with copy and pasting from PDFs. However, Valeros has just update the newer 4E parser with a work around so things can be compiled by book.

Thread Information