STAR TREK 2d20
Page 18 of 20 First ... 81617181920 Last

Quote Originally Posted by jedorian View Post
    Is this extension still compatible with the recent updates? I'm running a modern game and would really like to use this for all those languages....oh so very many of them.
    It's built into the latest rulesets built off CoreRPG, so it's no longer needed.

Is this extension still compatible with the recent updates? I'm running a modern game and would really like to use this for all those languages....oh so very many of them.
    You can continue to use it if you wish, but the languages functionality in CoreRPG based rulesets is easier to use (no chat commands).

Post #1 includes a link to an extension that gives you all of the fonts from the old extension in the new setup.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Its the fonts I want, not the actual languages it has.

Its the fonts I want, not the actual languages it has.
    Then the extension linked in post #1 is what you want.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

G'day there, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to see the shots of the fantasy fonts in this post
    (screen shot attached)

I have the browser in FG Responsive
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    G'day there, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to see the shots of the fantasy fonts in this post
    (screen shot attached)

Ahem...
    Sorry - the images are no longer there... sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    (screen shot attached)

They were in the Public folder on DropBox, but DropBox have (fairly) recently removed that functionality. I've uploaded them as attachments.

Thanks guys. Great stuff this. G'night

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    1. The challenge I had with adding the ability to map languages to custom fonts is that there is no mechanism to "add" new fonts by the end user, and the name necessary to select a font is the actual font asset name defined by the ruleset or extension (which is not obvious to end users). Therefore, I was thinking this would be better managed by extensions that plug into the existing system with minimal coding. Also, it wasn't clear that all the fonts being used in the extension were free to use commercially, which led me to again push that to extensions.

2. If a character has one of the following entries in their language list, it is treated as special case:
    * Speaks all
    * Understands all
    * Comprehend languages
    * Polyglot
    * Tongues

3. See 1) above.

4. I'm not sure what this means, but it probably would again fall to answer to 1) because of font licensing and font name management.

I'm open to something more advanced, but it might be worth building extension that just adds entries into GameSystem.languages in the onInit call (which I think is all that is needed to add new entries via extension, but I haven't tried yet).

Cheers,
    JPG
    am not a coder, but would love to see this turn into an effect we can add to our actions tab when a spellcaster casts comprehend languages. an addition to https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects

would that be a feature request to go here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by skj310 View Post
    would that be a feature request to go here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/
    Yes.

Thread Information