FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Dungeon World Manual

So, this has been sitting on my hard drive for a little while. I think I was originally waiting to post it until I had a basic theme to go with it. However, it is clear to me that may not happen for a while so I'm gonna go ahead and post this.

The "this" I'm referring to is the Dungeon World manual, in it's near entirety, set up for the MoreCore ruleset.

Features include:

• Module for the GM and a pared down module for Players. Just unzip the DungeonWorld.zip into your modules directory. (There should be 2 files.)
    • Full Reference Manual created with the Author extension. It's all there but the pictures. The text is released under a Creative Commons License. Sadly, the artwork is not. Moves, spells, NPCs, etc. have links to their corresponding FG entries.
    • Pregenerated Character Sheet "blanks" for each class. These are created so all the player needs to do is fill in their stats and bonus numbers, list out their particulars, choose their 1st level moves if needed (some classes don't get a choice at 1st lvl), choose spells if needed, and fill in equipment.
    • Uses MoreCore's Parameters and Reference fields for most character sheet rolls - The character sheet rolls are pre-linked to their corresponding stat mods. Any new moves gained or added to the sheet will need to be linked prior to use. That involves an easy drag-n-drop.
    • Spells are entered as Abilities and are grouped by class and level - Just drag the ones your character knows or has in their spellbook to the Abilities tab of your sheet. They are listed with the level at the beginning so they get ordered by level. If a spell has a damage roll associated with it, there is an easy link within the spell text that can be dragged to the Spells pane on the MoreData tab of your sheet.
    • NPCs are grouped by Monster Setting and their full stat block and flavor text are on each one's Notes tab. Damage rolls are are provided on the Main tab. Some monsters use a best/worst roll mechanic. In those cases, a separate modifier is provided to click first. Where applicable, the monsters also have a Treasure roll that will roll on DW's random treasure table. Caveat: These rolls do not take into account specific monster tags that adjust the roll. Change as you see fit.
    • Magic Items can be added to inventory, party sheet, parcel, etc. Almost none of these have a dice mechanic associated with them so the items are primarily flavor text only.
    • GM Tools - The Instant NPC table rolls on 3 other tables to give you a name, instinct, and knack for those times when your players accost *ahem*, er, catch the eye of a random person on the street. I've also included a story template that uses the technique published by RPG Alchemy for generating quick one-shot style scenarios, or as a kick-off for a new campaign.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, and I know there are typos and likely entire things missing. At some point, I'll probably scrape together a theme for it and maybe even dig into the best/worst roll mechanics as a learning exercise. For now, though, this is it. Feel free to let me know about typos, etc. and, for sure, please inform me if something's just borked.

Now, on to the (composite) screenies.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by wndrngdru; January 18th, 2020 at 04:09. Reason: Screenshots disappeared.

This is really fantastic. Thanks for posting this!

OMG! We are starting a DW campaign in three weeks. Thank you so much for this!!

Quote Originally Posted by spoofer View Post
    OMG! We are starting a DW campaign in three weeks. Thank you so much for this!!
    DW is very popular in Japan. I played it for a couple of years in Japan.

I'm working on an update for this that utilizes the new functionality of MoreCore. I'm not sure when it will be finished. Unfortunately, this lockdown drastically REDUCED the amount of time I have to work on stuff like this.
    Last edited by wndrngdru; April 9th, 2020 at 02:30.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by klanderud View Post
    DW is very popular in Japan. I played it for a couple of years in Japan.
    Welcome to the forums, klanderud.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    Welcome to the forums, klanderud.

Thank you very much!
    I should update my status I am in KY now.

Sorry to resurrect this, but placing the two modules in my modules folder allows me to start a MoreCore game with them, but there appears to be no way to create a player character, and the Library and Assets buttons do nothing....does this item no longer work?
    I'm TOTALLY new to MoreCore and using new modules.

EDIT: Actually it looks like this is true for this one AND the other DW Starter in MoreCore...maybe MoreCore just doesn't work for me.

Thanks,
    JT
    Last edited by phloog; April 28th, 2021 at 20:57.

Hi phloog,

I'm pretty sure it works fine. I use it in my weekly Dungeon World game.
    Unzip the file attached in the first post and put both files into your FG modules folder. Then start a new campaign with the MoreCore ruleset.

Once open, click the Library link (lower right), then click the Modules button. Locate the Dungeon World Manual modules. There should be one for GM and one for Player. The GM should NOT load the Player module.

To load the pre-generated character sheets, open the Characters screen and click the Up Arrow in the lower right to Import Character. The pre-generated character sheets should be there to add.
    Unfortunately, mundane items got missed in this iteration of the modules. They'll be in the next version whenever I get that complete. The only Assets will be the pictures used for the Reference Manual.

Note that to use these effectively, an understanding of the way MoreCore's Rolls work and how to use parameter fields and reference fields in them is pretty much required. It's not difficult once you get how it all goes together.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Thanks...yes...I did indeed download, unzip, and put both in the Modules folder. I've never used MoreCore before but it looks like it's messed up.

When I create a new campaign, I can indeed LOAD both of the modules, but there is between the upper icons (Party Sheet, tracker, etc.) and the Library button...no set of buttons for content. In addition, clicking on the Library button does NOTHING...nor does the ASSETS button.

morecore.png

EDIT: I also see this in the log...again, I have NEVER used MoreCore so not sure why this is happening.

[4/30/2021 11:25:03 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 1.2627538 - Dungeon World - GM
    [4/30/2021 11:25:03 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.2533219 - Dungeon World - Player
    [4/30/2021 11:25:03 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (button_library_sidebar) in class (shortcutbar)
    [4/30/2021 11:25:03 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:437: attempt to index local 'c' (a nil value)
    Last edited by phloog; May 1st, 2021 at 04:27.

Thread Information