STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Still no licenses

So i bought DMG,PHB and MM and still no licenses. How long does it usually take until I'm able to actually use FG? This is kinda ****ing retarded.

Hi Munglee01, welcome to FG.

You aren't giving me much to go on so I'll try to cover all the possibilities. First there are no licenses for DLC they are automatically installed when you update Fatasy Grounds.

Once you made your purchases update Fantasy Grounds. If you did then your purchases should have installed. Start a campaign click on Library and then on modules and if they are there you'll see them in the list. Click on Load and the modules will open in the Library window.

If at the top right hand side of the start screen it says FREE in the title then you haven't entered your license key into settings. Go into settings and add your license key and then your forum username and password where it says Manage (if you are talking about Classi). If you are talking about Unity the same things applies click on settings from the start screen and enter your credentials there.

If you haven't received you license key for the actual software then if you bought from the store then go to the store page and click the store dropdown and then on Purchase History. You should see your key there. If you bought from Steam then with FG selected click the cog icon on the top right of the Steam window and then on manage and then on CD Keys to get your key.

If you bought the DMG etc on Steam then you'll need to sync your Steam and Smiteworks accounts. See here for how to do that. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+Applications

If you haven't received your license key then send an email to [email protected] and they'll get you sorted. (Make sure that you have checked your junk folders and note also the email that you use for PayPal will be the account the email is sent to - if you bought from the store).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes i made the purchases and it at first appeared to download something. I then tried to make a campaign and was unable to load any of the mods of bought off the janky *** website (not through steam) I then checked the dropdown menu on the purchase history and it says i bought them just no licenses. I have already sent an email to the support but still no reply.

What version does your Fantasy Grounds application report on the launch screen? Have you entered your license key in the FG Settings?

As noted in those module DLC store pages, a valid FG license is required to use those products. So, if your license isn't entered yet, you won't be able to acess.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Munglee01 View Post
    Yes i made the purchases and it at first appeared to download something. I then tried to make a campaign and was unable to load any of the mods of bought off the janky *** website (not through steam) I then checked the dropdown menu on the purchase history and it says i bought them just no licenses. I have already sent an email to the support but still no reply.
    Support is very busy right now so it'll take a while possibly for them to get back to you. Strange that it has noted your other purchases and not your license. Support will get you straightened out however.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    All of our products require a license or active subscription of Fantasy Grounds or Fantasy Grounds Unity to access the DLC. I don't see one for your account or a Steam account linked.

You can get a license for Fantasy Grounds Unity here:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/...oundsUnity.php

Here is a quick start guide:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ck+Start+Guide

So how long does it take support to answer the emails? was hoping to get a campaign started and ready by the 15th? and is it correct saying that only the DM needs the books, or does everybody need the books?

So how long does it take support to answer the emails? was hoping to get a campaign started and ready by the 15th? and is it correct saying that only the DM needs the books, or does everybody need the books?
    When the players are connected to your game server they will have access to all the books that you choose to share for the duration of their connection.

BTW, ddavidson (the post above yours) is as support as support gets (being that he's the boss).

Deleted double post.

Hi

Just in case, did you buy the license using a guest account of Paypal? At discord there was some person doing that and that user had to wait several days until the license got activated; was not a problem on Smiteworks's/FG's side, but on Paypal's because they need some time to proceed that data etc. (probably due to the troublesome time and so on)

Thread Information